Strep Throat

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by LonerStoner, Jun 28, 2010.

?

Weed and strep throat?

Don't smoke, irritates your throat/makes it worse. You need a vaporizer dummy! 6 vote(s) 75.0%
Go ahead and smoke, won't further irritate too much and being high is always good! 2 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. LonerStoner LonerStoner

• Peace, Love, and Pot!
    • Since: May 28, 2010
    :sick: Shall weed further irritate my throat or help it out? I know the irritation is normally only very temporary, but if I have an already irritated throat is it going to last a lot longer or does the high make it go away just as fast as the normal irritation from smoking....and yes I know I need to get a vaporizer haha :p

Peace, love, and pot!
  2. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Hmm... let's think about this... If strep makes your throat irritated and inflamed, I wonder if breathing in scalding hot smoke will make it better or worse???!?! No clue! :shrug:

Bro seriously if you had a vaporizer, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but it takes no rocket scientist to figure out that smoke (burning hot toxins and carcinogens) is bad for any irritated throat condition, especially strep.
  3. LonerStoner LonerStoner

• Peace, Love, and Pot!
    • Since: May 28, 2010
    It's not burning hot or scalding hot though, I cool it. Haha obviously that's the logic I'm going through though, that's why I'm asking if anyone's done it before and if it's that much of a difference or not. I already said I know I need a vaporizer, so why even bring that up? I think a DUH! is in order here hahaha

Peace, love, and pot!
  4. quester quester

• Since: Mar 19, 2010
    Strep Throat-Home Treatment

Smoking, even vaperizing, gives me "cotton mouth" and drys out my throat, so in my case I would not be toking until I was well.
  5. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    I used to be highly susceptible to tonsillitis and would get it about once/year, and I have also had strep a couple times. I won't smoke anything if I have any infection or virus that affects my lungs or throat because it's usually my goal to get better.. that and I'm not willing to prolong my discomfort just so I can be high, I mean, we aren't junkies here.. lol :shrug: Smoking is definitely not a good idea, the temperature of the smoke is not the only problem, smoke itself has all kinds of nasty by-products that are harsh on your throat and lungs even when you're NOT sick. It will do nothing but prolong your illness because you'll be constantly re-irritating your throat while it's trying to heal. Look at it this way: don't smoke and as a result, you'll feel better quicker, and by the time you can smoke, you'll get ripped because your tolerance has gone down a bit.