THc Treats for Toby?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by moel4421, Oct 16, 2010.

1. moel4421 moel4421

• Since: Oct 16, 2010
    I regularly bake with Marijuana butter for a medical patient who doesn't like smoking. This week my 8 year old dog slipped a disk in her back and has been in a lot of pain, our trip to the vet to get an anti-inflammatory and doggie pain pills cost $140....I'm wondering if anyone out here has heard of, or has treated their pets for pain with THC baked goods? I already make my own dog cookies so I would sub in some weed butter; is this a good idea???
  2. HappyBoy1981 HappyBoy1981

• Senior DEA Agent
    • Since: Jul 31, 2010
    1 people like this.
  3. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Give it to him

While I do not support recreational use of marijuana by pets, I do believe that they have every right and owner's have an obligation, to let them use it medicinally.

The posted link describes symptoms of a cat or dog that ate your stash, not one that was given a MJ cookie or two. I kept my dog stoned the last few weeks of his life when he had cancer. It improved his appetite and consequently his strength.Giving a dog with a bad back couch lock via MMJ, might be just what the doctor ordered to give it time to let it's back heal.
    1 people like this.
  4. REVOlution REVOlution

• Since: Mar 27, 2010
    1956 is right. You'd be measuring the amount of intake. It's not like irresponsibly feeding your dog marijuana to get it stoned, it's for a medical cause.
    I think you should experiment; feed Toby a small amount at first. That way you'll know if you need more and you won't overdo it.
    Best wishes to both you and Toby :)
  5. tenajtimmad tenajtimmad

• Since: Mar 31, 2008
    get a recipe on how to make magical milk bones

edit: oh and btw, i would love being your dog
  6. donnachris donnachris

• Since: Nov 7, 2010
    i read in several books that said marijuana can actually be fatal for dogs or cats to injest marijuana. if my dog or cat were dying of cancer and i thought it might give her a better standard of living for his last days, i would give him marijuana. but if its justs for pain for a slipped disk, i would start with asking the vet how much motrin you can give the dog to alleviate his pain.
  7. donnachris donnachris

• Since: Nov 7, 2010
    i read in several books that said marijuana can actually be fatal for dogs or cats to injest marijuana. if my dog or cat were dying of cancer and i thought it might give her a better standard of living for his last days, i would give him marijuana. but if its justs for pain for a slipped disk, i would start with asking the vet how much motrin you can give the dog to alleviate his pain. my neighbors vet told him to give his dog half an aspirin for her pain, and she has arthritis so bad it hurts her just to sit down.