The Recipe Thread (NON-CANNABIS RECIPES)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Vicki, Oct 27, 2007.

1. NCpothead NCpothead

• Since: Jan 13, 2010
    The Best Mocha Coffe in the World!

What you need:
    -Coffe Maker
    -Your favorite coffee grounds (I just use folgers colombian)
    -Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    -Milk
    -Sugar

Steps:

1. Proceed to make your coffe how you would usually take it. I use about 3 tablespoons of ground into my filter, and just fill my coffe maker with aout half a pot of water.

2. Take the Hershey's Chips and fill the bottom of your coffee pot. Make sure they cover the bottom of the pot completely.

3. Brew your coffe as normal.

4. Get the biggest, most gigantic coffe cup you can find and fill it halfway with the chocolate coffee.

5. Then put as much sugar as you usually take with your coffe into it. I use a half a cup.

6. Then fill the rest of your cup with milk, stir.

7. Enjoy! Coffee and marijuana go together like coffe and a cigarette. Compliment each other so well!
    1 people like this.
  2. kushnotbush kushnotbush

• Since: Oct 11, 2009
    Chicken Tortilla Soup

[FONT=&quot]Chicken Tortilla Soup[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 onion, chopped[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]3 cloves garlic, minced[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon olive oil[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]3 teaspoons chili powder[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon dried oregano[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 cup water[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 cup whole corn kernels, cooked[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 (8 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]crushed tortilla chips[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]sliced avocado[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]shredded Monterey Jack cheese[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]chopped green onions[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=&quot]In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=&quot]Stir in corn, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 2 hours+. [/FONT]
    3. [FONT=&quot]Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese, and chopped green onion. [/FONT]
    1 people like this.
  3. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004

I have strep throat right now, and that sounds delicious!!! I'm going to print this out and get hubby to make it for me. :D
    1 people like this.
  4. kushnotbush kushnotbush

I like to add some zucchini squash to it sometimes usually sliced thin and cut in half, I hope you feel better and it is definitely delicious when you're sick. I think I read somewhere that you don't like stuff too spicy but when I am sick I sometimes add a sliced jalapeno without too many of the seeds for some added spice to clear out the sinuses.
    1 people like this.
  5. kushnotbush kushnotbush

Chicken Enchilada Soup

[FONT=&quot]CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed undiluted
    1 lb. mild Mexican Velveeta cheese
    1 can Ro-Tel or El Paso brand diced green chilies
    4 - 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
    1 pt. Half & Half
    2 c. skim milk
    Salt and-or chili powder to taste (optional and I never use it)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mix everything together and heat thoroughly. Serve as a main dish with crushed tortilla chips. This makes a lot. I also use skim milk and low fat velveta to make it a little less "fatty".[/FONT]
    1 people like this.
  6. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    You have a good memory about me and the spicy food. :)

I'll probably make it minus the jalapeno, this time. :p
  7. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    Just waiting to get some oranges to make this. Mmmmm

[IMG]

Orange Bread Recipe

Ingredients

* 1/3 cup butter
    * 3/4 cup sugar
    * 2 eggs
    * 1 Tbsp orange zest (or more for more intense orange flavor)
    * 2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    * 1 cup plain yogurt
    * 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped

Optional Glaze

* 1 teaspoon lemon juice*
    * 1 teaspoon orange juice
    * 1/3 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)

*If you happen to have Seville oranges, or sour oranges, use this juice instead of the lemon juice.
    Method

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan. To make it easier to remove the loaf from the pan, you may want to lay down a wide strip of parchment paper, along the length of the bottom of the loaf pan, and up the narrow sides. Butter this as well.

2 Beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes on high in an electric mixer. Add the sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until completely incorporated after each addition. Beat in the orange zest.

3 In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

4 Add the yogurt and dry ingredients by thirds, starting with the yogurt, alternating the additions. Beat only until just incorporated. Mix in the golden raisins.

5 Immediately pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place in middle rack of 350°F oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes*, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.

6 Cool on a rack in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove the loaf from the pan and cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.

7 While loaf is cooling, prepare optional glaze if using. Whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, and powdered sugar until smooth and there are no lumps. Place loaf on a serving plate. Use a toothpick or skinny skewer to poke holes in the top of the loaf and drizzle the glaze over the loaf.
    1 people like this.
  8. Hashishi Hashishi

• Unf*ckwit'able
    • Since: Nov 17, 2004
    I'm making Tom Yum (ish) soup.

• Fish and chicken stock
    • Lime juice
    • Fish sauce
    • Coconut milk
    • Shiitake mushrooms
    • Shrimp
    • Haddock
    • Pak Choi
    • Bean sprouts and string beans
    • Spring onion
    • Kaffir lime (AWESOME - I am a convert. It's somewhere between cloves, citrus and mint)
    • Ginger (shitton of)
    • Chilli (shitton of)
    • Garlic (shitton of)
    • Lemongrass
    • Lime rind
    • Rice noodles

I just simmered my spices (including the lime rind and ginger) in the chicken-fish stock for about five minutes. Then I threw in the shiitakes and simmered for another five. Topped that off with my fish and shrimp and brought to the boil for a couple of minutes and I've just added the vegetables. I'm gonna wilt them down for another minute and then simmer it all for another two minutes after I've added the fish sauce, coconut milk and lime juice.

That's my dinner tonight.

EDIT: And a fuckin' awesome one it is. :thumb:
    1 people like this.
  9. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Thank you to everyone that is keeping this thread alive by posting their own recipes. I truly appreciate it! :D

Don't forget, if you have a specific recipe request, please feel free to submit that request in this thread. I will do my best to find a recipe for you. :)
    1 people like this.
  10. RagTagMopTop RagTagMopTop

• Since: Dec 28, 2008
    Had this appetizer before a wonderful meal of raclettes last night:

-thinly slice a baguette
    -spread [preferably homemade] pesto on baguette slices
    -sprinkle your favorite goat cheese on top of that
    -throw in the oven for a couple of minutes

yummmm
    1 people like this.
  11. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Easiest recipe a stoner could ever ask for. :)

**I don't advocate adding cannabis to any of the recipes I list here. However, I'm willing to bet if someone added a gram or two, it might be good too. :p

This is perhaps the easiest munchie food you could ever make from scratch. I dare you to try it today. :D

Three Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Things You'll Need:

* 1 Coffee Mug (the taller, the better)
    * 4 Tablespoons flour
    * 4 Tablespoons sugar
    * 2 Tablespoons powder baking cocoa
    * 1 Egg
    * 3-4 Tablespoons milk
    * 3 Tablespoons oil
    * 3 Tablespoons Chocolate chips (optional)
    * Small splash of vanilla

Get a coffee mug of choice. If you are making this as a gift choose a coffee mug especially for that person. If you are making it simply to eat just grab your favorite coffee mug.

Add dry ingredients to coffee mug and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add chocolate chips & vanilla and mix well.

Put your coffee mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little, and eat. (can be tipped out of the mug onto a plate)
    1 people like this.
  12. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Hamburgers

Hamburgers

Ingredients:

1 lb (450 g) ground chuck or sirloin
    1/2 onion, minced
    1 large egg yolk
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    olive oil
    4 sesame seed buns, cut in half and lightly toasted

Directions:

Combine the ground beef, onion, and egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper, and mix well with wet hands.

Shape into 4 burgers about 4in (10cm) in diameter.

Position a broiler rack about 6in (15cm) from the source of heat. Preheat the broiler and lightly oil the broiler pan. Add the burgers and broil for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer.

Serve burgers warm in toasted sesame seed buns.

**Cheese and the toppings of your choice can be added, such as bacon, tomato, mayo, etc. :D
  13. Texas Toker Texas Toker

• Since: Apr 9, 2009

I just made this with ACTUAL ham in the mix . was so good.
    1 people like this.
  14. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer

That does sound good. :D
  15. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Vegetable Mini-Lasagnas

Vegetable Mini-Lasagnas

Ingredients:

1 small eggplant
    2 medium zucchini
    2 medium yellow squash
    Olive oil
    1 pound mushrooms (or buy pre-sliced to save a few minutes)
    Salt to taste, plus ½ teaspoon salt for ricotta mixture
    Two 15-ounce containers ricotta cheese
    Two 10-ounce packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
    2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
    2 large eggs, beaten
    1 pound shredded mozzarella
    1 pound lasagna noodles, oven-ready style (for ease) or traditional noodles, cooked and drained
    Two 24-ounce jars pasta sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set aside 5 3x5-inch pans and 2 8x4-inch pans. Coat pans with no-stick spray.

Slice the eggplant into 1/8-inch pieces and lay on paper towels. Sprinkle salt over them to help draw water out.

Slice the zucchini and squash and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle lightly with oil and add salt and pepper to taste.

If needed, slice the mushrooms and set aside.

Place eggplant pieces on another cookie sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.

Place both cookie sheets in the oven and set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the zucchini and squash from the sheet and put into a bowl, draining any liquid.

Use the same cookie sheet for the mushrooms. Spread the mushroom slices on the sheet, lightly drizzle the oil and add salt to taste before putting back into oven. Flip the eggplant and put back into oven. Set timer for an additional 15 minutes. Once finished, remove both sheets from oven, draining any liquid, and place each vegetable into a separate bowl.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Place the shredded mozzarella and the pasta sauce each into separate bowls.

Layer the ingredients into each lasagna pan, starting with a thin layer of pasta sauce. Add a layer of noodles. Spread 1/4 cup ricotta mixture into the small pans and 1/2 cup into the large pans. Add a layer of vegetables (eggplant and mushrooms, for example). Sprinkle a thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Next, spread another layer of sauce, then add another layer of noodles, spread a thin layer of ricotta, vegetable and mozzarella. Add the final layer of noodles, spread some pasta sauce and more mozzarella cheese, and lastly sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.

Cover the lasagnas with foil. If desired, place some of the pans in the freezer for another night (simply defrost the lasagnas by placing them in the refrigerator in the morning and then cook that night for dinner).

Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, then remove foil and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned on top. Let the lasagna set for 5 minutes before serving.
  16. Lil' Lexie Lil' Lexie

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    Ooh I'll have to think of some of my favourite, easy recipes to post! I have lots :)
    1 people like this.
  17. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Cool, that would be great! :D
  18. Lil' Lexie Lil' Lexie

One off the top of my head, it's not the easiest one ever, but not hard, just a bit more time consuming than straight up cookies or brownies...

Skor Bars

3/4 cup margarine
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups flour

Combine the above three ingredients with an electric mixer until well-combined and crumby, the press into a greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins (24 mins is perfect for me). Let it cool while you make the filling.

2 tbsp margarine
    1 can sweetened condensed milk

Combine the two above ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, letting the margarine melt into the condensed milk. Stir constantly until thickened (around 6-7 mins). When it's thickened, pour over the baked crust and put the pan back in the hot oven for 12-15 mins.

1 bag milk chocolate chips
    1 bag Skor toffee baking bits

When the crust and filling come of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly all over, and put back in the oven for about 2 minutes, just to get soft and shiny. Then spread with a knife or spatula to coat the whole thing in an even layer of chocolate (HINT: I've found that store-brand chocolate chips don't seem to want to melt very well, whereas Chipits and other name brands spread very easily after a couple minutes in the hot oven. If you have chips that don't seem to want to spread nicely, just leave them.. it'll still taste good!)

Sprinkle the toffee bits into the warm chocolate and press down slightly to secure them. It'll look like A LOT of toffee; sometimes I think half the bag looks like enough, but quite a lot of them end up falling off when you cut into squares later. Still, you can put less or more toffee as you like. Let cool on the counter for a little bit (15 mins or so, just so the pan isn't super hot), then chill in the fridge to set the chocolate (1-2 hours.. it's a fine line between needing the chocolate set enough to cut the bars, and having it TOO solid that makes cutting more difficult). They are a bitch to get out of the pan sometimes, you may not get nice evenly cut squares... but it's worth the effort and still tastes amazing even if they don't look pretty!

I've also made these with semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, mint-chocolate chips... all very good!
    1 people like this.
  19. Lil' Lexie Lil' Lexie

Here's what I made for dinner tonight!

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups (approx.) cooked chicken, chopped or shredded

I've never really measured how much chicken I put in these. I usually cook chicken for this purpose (rather than used leftover), and 2 boneless, skinless breasts is about the right amount (tonight I had the biggest chicken breasts I've ever seen, used 1 and a half, and it was really really chickeny). I cook the chicken by poaching it in chicken broth (or water), seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can cook it anyway you like, or use leftover already cooked chicken, or buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you're lazy. Just have 'an amount of cooked chicken that looks like enough' (vague guideline, I know) for this recipe.

1 container cream cheese
    3/4 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup salsa
    lime juice
    coriander
    cumin
    garlic powder
    onion powder

Melt the cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat. When it's melted (or almost melted) turn the heat down to medium-lowish (setting #2 on my stove is good, but it doesn't matter too much as long as it's not too hot so the cheese doesn't cook onto the pot). Add the sour cream and salsa, stir, then add a couple squirts of lime juice and a pinch or two of all the seasonings, then stir your cooked chicken into the mixture. All these ingredients and measurements are 'to taste', really. The original recipe that I first made enchiladas from called for only cream cheese and half a jar of salsa. I found that tasted too cream cheesy for my liking, so added sour cream, and also made it a little better with the seasonings. If you don't feel like doing the little extra work, just melt the cream cheese, throw in some salsa and your chicken, and that's good enough. Also, as a note, I use mild salsa, because I like things seasoned but not spicy (as does most of my family), but if piquante is your thing, use any kind of salsa you like.

8-10 tortillas
    about 3/4 cup sour cream
    about 1 cup salsa
    shredded cheese

Spoon your chicken/cream cheese/sour cream mixture into a tortilla - around 2-3 tbsp per tortilla, or enough so that the filling is about an inch, inch and a half wide (it's not exact, of course, just spoon in as much filling as you like). Roll up the tortilla (you can fold in the top and bottom if you like, but I don't find it necessary). Place it seam-side down in an oven-proof pan. Repeat until you've used up all your filling. I usually have enough for 10 6-inch tortillas, or about 8 larger ones.

Combine the salsa and the sour cream, pour evenly over the pan of enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese (I use about half a bag of Kraft Tex-Mex blend). You can also top with sliced black olives, chopped green chiles, whatever toppings you like. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes (and you can broil for 5 mins or so too, if you'd like the cheese browned). Then enjoy!
    1 people like this.
  20. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Fried Rice

**Thanks for those recipes, Lexie. :D

Fried Rice

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons oil, divided
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    ½ cup diced onion
    ½ cup diced bell pepper
    1 cup chopped cooked meat, poultry, or shrimp
    ½ cup frozen sweet green peas
    3 cups cooked rice
    ¼ cup soy sauce
    1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
    Sliced green onions (optional)
    Chopped almonds (optional)

Directions:

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add eggs, and gently stir 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet; chop and set aside.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add onion and bell pepper, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chopped cooked meat, poultry, or shrimp and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in scrambled eggs; sprinkle with green onions and almonds, if desired.