Tips for NOT getting caught by an undercover cop...?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by roflcup, Feb 18, 2010.

1. roflcup roflcup

• Since: Nov 9, 2008
    So, this might sound really naive and possibly idiotic but I just found this guy that sells weed. Alright, I'm an otherwise completely normal chick in her early 20's, but I was really jonesing. So, I did what any other desperate weed smoker would do and put an ad on Craigslist hinting that it would be great to talk to people that share my "hobby" aka "420"...WINK WINK. ;)

This guy replied and said that he's not law enforcement, he's just a normal 27 year old guy. He has really good stuff like northern lights and white widow, and to just hit him up whenever. He told me his name. Granted, this could be made up, but y'know. I'd really like to get some from him but I don't want to then find out that he's an undercover cop...because in my state, the penalties for weed are arcane and ridiculous and you WILL go to jail for at least a few weeks, anywhere til a year.

I've made a hookup on Craigslist before and it ended up being totally legit, but that guy is doing some air force stuff right now and is out of state, so I can't get it from him. How can I tell this guy that I'm nervous and to prove that he's not a cop, while still being kind of nice about it? Or, would you suggest just steering as far away from it as possible? Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. di4r di4r

• Since: Jun 1, 2009
    Personally, I would rather walk around downtown and ask people instead of trusting people on craigslist.
  3. dt5014 dt5014

• Since: Feb 13, 2009
    You either get bud or you don't. Doubt cops used craigslist as a sting operation.

And if you're attractive, show some cleavage. That'll help your chances ;)
  4. Zandijuana Zandijuana

• Since: Sep 10, 2006
    What state do you live in? Honestly, if I were facing the penalty of 'atleast a few weeks...til a year' I wouldn't even risk it whether it seemed legit or not because there's no way to know for sure, I personally wouldn't take that gamble
  5. wildcat420 wildcat420

• Since: Jun 17, 2008
    craigslist s a hot spot for law enforcers but anyway under covers are hard to uncover until the deal goes down and by then its to late because your in hand cuffs.
  6. mysterybabylon mysterybabylon

• Since: Nov 18, 2009
    The laws are arcane? Were they scribed down in hallowed scrolls by revered wizards in ages past?
    Do scholarly erudites watch over the city through their scrying glasses to make sure muggles aren't smoking marijuana?
    1 people like this.
  7. cannabicide420 cannabicide420

• Since: Feb 10, 2009
    my advice would be dont post an ad on craigslist looking to score weed.
  8. maggie_monster maggie_monster

• Since: Feb 16, 2009
    i'm pretty sure cops do use craigslist, at least to catch meth dealers, prostitutes, and pedophiles... you'd have better luck just asking a random college student.
  9. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    An ad for buying marijuana? That's really stupid and you must be really desperate. If you're willing to risk that far with marijuana, personally I don't think you can handle the plant and the possible consequences that may follow.
  10. thedude55551 thedude55551

• Since: Jul 7, 2009
    sounds super sketch since he said "im not a cop" Go to the skate park and ask the kids playing hacky sack
    1 people like this.
  11. nikk nikk

• Since: May 10, 2009
    Well I wouldn't trust somebody that was posting an ad on craigslist looking for weed. You would look more like the cop to me. But that's just me.

And as said above a skatepark is probably the easiest and safest way to find drugs no doubt.
  12. MerzA MerzA

• Since: Nov 29, 2009
  13. nikk nikk

• Since: May 10, 2009
  14. UpInFlames UpInFlames

• Since: May 15, 2009
    If you end up calling this guy, smoke with him first. If he makes up some excuse he's probably a cop.
  15. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    I wouldn't openly advertise looking for a hookup on Craigslist or anywhere else. Can me old-fashioned, but IO like meeting my connects the old fashioned way---thru people I know and trust. I think hitting up Craigslist fgor weed reeks of desperation, and well....desperate people rarely make very wise choices.
  16. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know undercover cops are allowed to smoke marijuana if the "victim" asks to do so.
  17. EdB EdB

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    Cops = Buzzcut or short hair. Clothes that look almost brand new and not their style. And built arms, shoulder's, athletic. Along those lines. I know just about every trick those officers try and pull off. And if there is a Crown Victoria model vehicle sitting on the street weather its unmarked or not it's highly possible that its a 2nd cop watching.
  18. UpInFlames UpInFlames

• Since: May 15, 2009
    Yeah I wondered if they were allowed to. Regardless, you can tell by the way someone smokes and acts if they're really a stoner. A cop that rarely/never smokes isn't gonna know how to hit the bong like a stoner would.
  19. CRIMSONxSOLDIER CRIMSONxSOLDIER

• All Aboard the Canni-bus!
    • Since: May 25, 2008
    Yeah I wouldnt particularly trust anybody on craigslist either but I guess you could ask him to go on webcam with you or some shit to check out if he's legit or not. Idk thats about the best suggestion I can give you. If the cops were really bent on arresting you they could fake the cam session but im not sure if they would (or can) go that far just to bust someone lookin to buy a dub or somethin.
  20. Danky 420 Danky 420

• Since: Aug 31, 2008
    undercovers always say "im not law enforcment"
    most of time i know from exprience it just weird why not say cop or pigs
    1 people like this.