Tips on Growing Marijuana - Indoor Growing or Outdoor Growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by ishii.oren.ishii, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ishii.oren.ishii ishii.oren.ishii

• Since: Feb 21, 2012
    As a medical marijuana patient for many years, I have yet to build any knowledge of cultivating cannabis. The more I hear, the more I want to learn and start my own 420-friendly garden. :mj2:

As a novice -- any tips on getting my garden started, do's and dont's. What cannabis seeds are easy for a beginner and should I go for an outdoor or indoor growing set-up? FYI: I have G13 Haze, White Rhino and Bubba Kush seeds/clones at my disposal. :hop:
    Equilibrium and Plantguardian like this.
  2. KimBuddha KimBuddha

• Since: Feb 24, 2012
    Thanks for that link Plantguardian....there is a boatload of info there!
    Equilibrium and Plantguardian like this.
  3. ishii.oren.ishii ishii.oren.ishii

• Since: Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks for all the marijuana cultivation information Plantguardian -- you certainly are a gourmand at growing marijuana. And yeah, I gotta watch my budget on hydroponic gear, stay within budget 1st attempt...:) Once me and the crazy 88's get some cycles through, aeroponics here we come...:mj2:
  4. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    I would suggest you check all seed company sites,,most have growing sections at their site,,have picked up some very good info on making "teas" for your plants from them.

Outdoor,,dig using post hole diggers or a sharpshooter and put dirt in a bucket,,dig hole 12" deep,,add appx 20% worm castings,20% perlite and 10% blood meal to your soil in the bucket,,stir well,,if available,put a perch or some shad(small fish) in the bottom of your hole and refill with your dirt mixture,,you are ready to transplant from inside or start your seed right there. When your plants start sexing out or at the end of July sprinkle some wood ashes,appx 2 cups per plant,around your stalk without any of the ashes piling up on the stalk.

That is a good organic grow for medical marijuana and produces good sized buds.
    Plantguardian likes this.
  5. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    "those 1' x 1' panels aren't really too good, they get dimmer (compared to brand new) relatively quickly"

I have some that are over a year old and no dimming yet,,there are a lot of bogus led lights that look like grow lights but they have low powered led's,,not the right ones for "grow" lites,,I bought mine from the manufacturer,Sunshine Systems,,you can search it out,,expensive but the low wattage and no heat pays for the difference,,,waiting for the new light system being developed,,cfl in sheet plastic,,your entire grow room can be the light. They inject bubbles of different types of gas into the plastic for the different spectrums as it is being made and pass low wattage current behind it,,even less than today's led systems and the entire sheet lights up.And all the light goes in one direction,unlike cfl bulb lights which throw light in all directions,,most of it not hitting your plants.

There is an article about them posted in the weekly science updates by Arrogather(sp)
  6. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    My cabinets are only 35" tall so the use of two panels,a UFO and a couple of full spectrum cfl really light it up,,growing a strain of morphydites I found in some brick seeds,,get 3>6 seeds from every plant and every seed produces a female. Sure makes it easy to keep a constant crop size.
    Plantguardian likes this.