To grind or not to grind.....

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by redeft, Mar 28, 2010.

1. redeft redeft

• Since: Mar 19, 2009
    I dont know if this question is out there (im sure it is somewhere) but I like to grind my stash a film can at a time and keep the rest on ice. I was just wondering what everyone else does?
  2. cabriosnap cabriosnap

• Not Man, Merely a Machine
    • Since: May 17, 2009
    ok so whats your question here? who grinders there bud or how does everyone store there's?
  3. Rupert Pupkin Rupert Pupkin

• Since: Sep 20, 2009
    I keep my bud in it's solid form, but I always smoke ground bud. It just burns much more evenly and easier. And it gives you the added benefit of collecting a lot of kief. I've probably got 1.5-2g in the bottom of my grinder right now, and that will make a nice little hash-brick in a few more months.

I keep my bud in one of those spice-jar type things with a rubber seal and a metal-clasp type thing that closes it, if you know what I'm talking about. It keeps it nice and dank!
  4. CS&N CS&N

• Since: May 22, 2009
    I think hes asking who grinds all their stash at once and who does it as they smoke it.
  5. Justiiice Justiiice

• Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I usually keep my buds in tact, in medicine/pill bottles. And when I do take out bud to break up and smoke, unless its mids I don't use my grinder cuz it has no kief catcher and it's hard to get everything out. So I usually cut up my bud with scissors so I don't lose any crystals and I can cut it up as fine as I'd like. ;)
  6. cabriosnap cabriosnap

that makes sense

i like my bud to stay as fresh as possible, so i grind it when i need it. pre-grinding weed causes it to get stale and dry out a lot faster

:mj2:
  7. redeft redeft

• Since: Mar 19, 2009
    I was asking who grinded there weed and who doesn't? Thats all,
    not if you did all at once that would be foollish.
  8. cabriosnap cabriosnap

ah ok

i grind when im rolling or baking, but when im smokin from a piece i prefer a whole bud/broke up bud rather then ground. seems like it burns up way to fast when its ground down and it sucks through easy

sometimes though when im looking to get really stoned really quick i will grind up a bowls worth and load it up, then sprinkle some kief on top and take that down in 1-2 brutal hits...but thats only on occasion

i have to grind it before i roll, its just kinda a rule i have. it seems to burn a lot more even and wont trail or go out

:mj2:
  9. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I always use a grinder because I want to collect kief. :)

I also grind my herb because it is more efficient for me. My vaporizers like a fine grind too, and I must keep them happy so they can keep me happy. :p
    2 people like this.
  10. boosted-r32 boosted-r32

• Since: Apr 2, 2010
    i usually keep my bud in a mason jar. but i pull out around an 1/8th and grind it up for personal bowls. i just like to have my bowls with grounded weed. that way i can have all the kief in the bottom of my grinder. usually i wait until i have a kief bowl.. completely different high. and i LOVE it.
  11. buddlydoright buddlydoright

• Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I have a jam jar that I use to store my weed. I keep the buds intact until i'm ready to smoke then I grind the shit out of it.
  12. Midnighttoker Midnighttoker

• Since: Mar 18, 2009
    I never used to grind my bud, until a few months ago, when I saw one for a pound a Poundland.

and now I always grind it! It's a lot easier than breaking it up by hand, and it saves a bit of kief even though there's no catcher so I can't collect it, but It gets into the pipe at least, instead of ground into my fingers/blown away

Has anyone heard of using a scissors to break it up? I met a guy from Australia a while ago who does and thought it was kinda odd. He called it 'mulling it up'

And by the way.. Does anyone know if hash works in grinders? What do you guys do with hash?
  13. MXM MXM

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    is there any special reason to keep it on ice? just wondering...
  14. BigYellowJoint BigYellowJoint

• Since: Nov 17, 2009
    I'm with buddlydoright, I keep mine intact until i'm ready to smoke it.

as for hash, my step dad smokes hash out of a little wooden pipe. he just breaks a little chunk off of his bigger chunk and smokes it.

grinding the hash before smoking it would probably make the hits a lot more intense, and i don't know if it would gum up your grinder or not.

there are videos on youtube of people smoking hash with this funky cup and straw method. seems like more trouble than it's worth to me, but you could check those out too.
  15. Midnighttoker Midnighttoker

• Since: Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah the one time I smoked hash, I just pinched off little bits and rolled them into a spliff, I was afraid of it gumming up the grinder
  16. Montec Montec

• Since: Apr 3, 2010
    i use my grinder all the time, but i never grind it all at once that would just dry it to quick. to keep it fresh tho ill add a orange peel and change it out every few days
  17. joshtheenabler joshtheenabler

• Since: Mar 14, 2010
    Does this actually work? I kinda feel bad for making fun of my dad for doing this then! :eek:
  18. Montec Montec

yeah this works the moisture from the orange peel keeps the weed from getting to dry. but if u keep the old peel in to long it will promote mold growth
  19. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I usually grind only as much as I'm going to use on the day I grind it. Ground up weed loses a lot of its flavor and a bit of its potency if you keep it around very long.
  20. codger codger

ive been using small scissors for years. I only cut up what im going to smoke then and let it sit a few minutes before rolling ot stuffing the pipe it seems to burn better this way.