Tobacco Increasing Your High?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by RolliePollie, Jul 4, 2011.

1. RolliePollie RolliePollie

• Since: Jul 4, 2011
    Hey fellow smokers. So I've been smoking for a little over 6 months and I strictly smoking ganja. Nothing else, not cigarettes not cigars. I dont even smoke blunts cuz i dont want the tobacco in the wraps. But all my friends say tobacco increases your high or some shit. And I'm never going to smoke cigarettes or cigars but if what they say is true i might mix a little tobacco in my bowl when i smoke. What do you guys think and is what they say true? :rasta:
  2. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    Not true. If anything, it's counter productive to the cannabis high. Nicotine is a stimulant, and mixing both in a joint or bowl, or just alternating between a cig and a joint, is just going to result in using more herb than you normally would. It's the classic yo yo effect of mixing an upper and a downer-fine if it floats your boat, but tobacco does not add to the mj effect.
  3. Stoned_Penguin Stoned_Penguin

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    If I smoke tobacco after I smoke weed, I don't care what anyone else says, it makes MY high MUCH better. You get a sort of head rush, and to me, it's amazing and gives me the giggles a lot more.
    2 people like this.
  4. Nuclear666 Nuclear666

• Banned
    • Since: Jan 5, 2011
    Agreed. Plus I think it helps me conserve my bud. If after a bowl or two I still feel like smoking, I'll just light up a stoge instead to keep me going.
  5. Buds_Of_Steele Buds_Of_Steele

• Your Undisputed Disputer
    • Since: Jul 11, 2009
    Tobacco does not increase your high. It has no potentiating effect on THC or any of the other cannabinoids. However the marijuana high combined with the effects of nicotine makes those effects feel a lot stronger.

The nicotine headrush is a type of high, albeit a short lived one that when combined with the marijuana high feels a lot more intense. While yes, you do feel more high, you are actually not as once the nicotine effects fade you are no more high than the same amount of weed would have gotten you sans tobacco.
  6. ToastyRoadie ToastyRoadie

• Since: Apr 17, 2010
    Nice, I'd like to add that people who smoke tobacco will most likely end up a statistic on the bad side of the chart if you continue with your tobacco use. :soapbox:

Quitting now is the smart thing to do.:angel:
  7. Ghoast Ghoast

• Since: Nov 24, 2009
    I roll my joints 98/2 weed tobacco.. I mean literally I put in about 3 threads of rolling tobacco just to keep the joint toking and smoking nicely.. I prefer the texture of the smoke too..

As for increasing high.. I don't think it does. If you don't smoke nicotine now then don't start! Your friends/other peope only like the effects because they already smoke tobacco!
  8. toking_gangster toking_gangster

• Since: Aug 22, 2009
    I smoke poppers (I batch my bong bowls with tobacco)

and I get SO much higher, for longer, off of less which means I conserve my bud:)