Top 40 Strains 1977

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Equilibrium, May 6, 2012.

1. Equilibrium Equilibrium

• Cranched Scanner
    • Since: Feb 3, 2006
    I'm not sure who originally uploaded this, but they deserve props for sharing this with the internet.

Here are Hightimes top 40 strains from the year 1977. The dankest of the dank. Enjoy.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    basshigher420 and greenalke1 like this.
  2. Emarosa Emarosa

• Since: Jun 26, 2011
    Great post. All of that weed looks like shit, guess i'm fortunate to live in the 21st century.

It's weird to think this is what my dad used to smoke back in the day.
    mallitia95 and Equilibrium like this.
  3. Waximus Prime Waximus Prime

• Administrator
    • Since: Feb 21, 2012
    Thank you for sharing this. I am in awe looking at what my older peers had to smoke on back in the day
    Equilibrium likes this.
  4. Devin The Dude Devin The Dude

• Since: Jun 3, 2012
    Sorry to whoever smoked that grass
  5. Zix Zix

• Since: Sep 9, 2011
    Interesting. Being an old guy, I remember some of this stuff.

There were "Thai sticks," which is labeled here just as "Thai," but it looks like they are on sticks. They are right towards the top of the post.

We smoked a lot of what we called "Columbian Red Tip" which is not shown here, but I'm betting it's the very last one, labeled as "Columbian Red." It was a more premium weed and I believe it was around $40/ounce. Of course, good pay for a skilled tradesman back then was around $9-10 an hour, and a brand-new, stripped down, full sized Chevy pickup was around $4,000. I remember, because I bought one in '78.

The first sinsemella I saw/smoked was around '78-'79 and looked really strange to us -- it was all light green, as opposed to other weed which was more brownish. I think it came from Hawaii.
  6. mariahbrown mariahbrown

• Since: Jun 30, 2012
    my cousin has a homegrown strain and gave me take a bag home to try the product, so of course i accepted and thanked him, i got a good look at the bud looked a lot more leafy than weed im used to, kinda like the hawaiian buds shown in the pictures (he's a history major so it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was growing an older strain to begin with). when broken up the weed looked a lot more like tobacco to me than weed to me with its brownish color and long sections that broke off the bud, but i knew it had to be weed cuz i saw the plant it came from and the buds on it looked identical. smoking it gave me a natural happy high, which i cant complain about but i think i still prefer my bud to it anyday, i can tell theres much higher thc in the weed i smoke on a reg basis than the one i had tried from him, but i appreciate a natural less potent high in the mornings and such anyway
  7. lonelyjimmyg lonelyjimmyg

• Since: Apr 16, 2012

:rasta: That "shit" as you call it is the parents of the stuff we smoke nowadays.....and I agree by the way:kaka: some of it did taste kinda funky.......

:rofl2::hippy: PEACE & POT EVERYWHERE :guitar::hippy:
  8. sativaking sativaking

• Since: Oct 25, 2011
    Looks like they coulda used some trimming instruments back it the 70's.
  9. Always Medicated 420 Always Medicated 420

• Since: Oct 29, 2012
    If you look closely, you can see a whole bunch of seeds showing in most of these strains.
    What an eye sore.