Twitching making me give up weed

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by LouC, May 10, 2007.

1. pkster8235 pkster8235

• Lazy Dancer
    • Since: Jun 27, 2007
    I use to get body twitches sometimes when I started out. I fucking loved it.
    Now I rarely get them. I always enjoyed it though :shrug:..
  2. Inhale Inhale

• Since: Jul 5, 2007
    I used to shake when I was new, but I learned it was that I was just so baked I forgot it was so cold.
  3. dench dench

• Since: Dec 10, 2006
    he might as well pretend to smoke weed with an imaginary pipe before doing that..
  4. DaDornta DaDornta

• MJ.com MASTA SELECTA
    • Since: Sep 17, 2003
    Dude i twitch and have spasms all the time...I think it's more from my LACK of being able to smoke in my current environment and the alcohol to blame.

Dude, weed IS fat solluble...the mylien sheaths around our neural pathways are made of a fatty tissue...I asked a doc about this and he was dumb-founded.

Perhaps THC/CDB/CDB in excess (or in detox) can cause neuro-muscular tissue tremmors??
  5. TrOiK TrOiK

• Since: Jun 19, 2007
    when i get high enough every single muscles in my body twitches. its dank
  6. ninjaninja ninjaninja

• Since: Sep 15, 2008
    Interesting discussion.

I have Chronic Tic Disorder and sometimes (certain strains? sativa?) intensify my tics to the point that I'm going fucking crazy and not having a good time at all. Other times I get super relaxed and feel awesome and it helps my tics (indica)?

So to the OP, I would say it's one of two things:

1. You have a very low level tic disorder that only makes itself apparent while you're on stimulants (cocaine and meth do the same thing, and to a lesser extent, stress and caffeine in some individuals)

2. You're just getting muscle twitches because your body is having trouble relaxing. It's kind of like how sometimes after a workout your get a few muscle fibers that are twitching and won't stop. No one really knows what causes it, but it's most likely some sort of neural feedback loop that eventually corrects itself (in my experience, it usually doesn't stop twitching until you go to sleep and then wake up). And tics are repetitive. If you do it, and the sensation comes back a few moments later, that's a tic. If you do it and the sensation to do it never comes back, you just had a kinked muscle or something that you fixed.

Tics are NOT twitches, tho.

Twitches = involuntary. like "holy shit, my leg just jerked!"

Tics = unvoluntary. It's a voluntary action in that you are consciously doing it, but you are doing it in response to a sensation. If your head is jerking because you get the feeling "holy fuck, I have to jerk my head NOW or I'm gonna fucking die from this sensation", that is a tic. You cannot resist the urge to do it for more than a few short moments.

Honestly tho I've never seen a head twitch due to overworked muscles. Head jerks are usually tics.

In my opinion and based on my research, if based on how I described it you think you are getting tics when you smoke, I would never smoke again. Trust me, it is NOT something you want to live with.
    1 people like this.
  7. Hairy_Pothead_RN Hairy_Pothead_RN

• Since: Sep 5, 2008
    Your symptoms would normally bring me to think of someone who has just started to smoke weed, but this is not the case with you. Anxiety while not an absolute side effect of marijuana, MJ can magnify anxiety in those predisposed to it. I would ask if you have other factors in your life since the twitching began that cause you to be anxious. Also is the twitching something that you "feel" is happening to you? Is it noticeable to others that your with? (Like do your friends say things like "dude whats going on with your head man"?) I have never come across any info on MJ causing "neurological" problems in any of my medical journals or studies. I hope things work out well for ya and you can keep on blazzing, if not you may have to settle for living vicariously through the eyes of your fellow stoners.
  8. MrProtein MrProtein

• Since: Jan 20, 2005
    its the strain. Indica based strains ie skunk make my muscles twitch. hybrids or mostly sativas dont make me twitch at all.

at least that is my opinion
  9. 420lovethatCHRONIC 420lovethatCHRONIC

• Since: Jul 27, 2008
    Yea man, sometimes i start twitching to, sometimes i dont even realize im doing it, but it coms with the teritory you know, if your gonna smoke, there are good and bad things that come with that(i like to think the good outnumber the bad)
  10. Illumination Illumination

• Since: Aug 24, 2008
    I'd sometimes twitch if I was listening to music while high. I'd think I was twitching to the rhythm of the music. I actually thought it was pretty cool, but I'm sure it was all in my head. I'm sure of it because the novelty of me spazzing out to rhythms wore out and I started to quit paying attention to it, and it's pretty much stopped.
  11. smokeapot smokeapot

• Since: Aug 16, 2006
    This used to happen to me. What you have to do when you smoke is stop thinking about how you're high and shit and just do whatever you want to do. I started just relaxing and watching TV, going to a movie, hanging with ppl w/e and just not concentrating on the feeling of being really high and I'd relax a lot and feel fine.

It's kind of like how when you go swimming in a cold pool you start shivering and have muscle spasms and shit but if you just relax a lot it'll all stop.
  12. MrProtein MrProtein

• Since: Jan 20, 2005
    does anybody else feel that twitching happens more with indica based strains or is just me?
  13. fng420 fng420

• Since: Feb 14, 2010
    Last night I had the worst twitching i've ever had. I got super baked and twitched uncontrollably. I even started to tighten up. Like my legs were getting tense and I couldn't release them. The heat was turned off in my house and I didnt realize it. Once i warmed up the twitching let up a little bit. But this still happens all the time when I smoke but gets really bad when I'm fuckin baked outta my mind. Don't know what causes it but I'm gonna lay off the smoke for a while and see if that helps. I'm also a diabetic so that may cause it too.
  14. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    ^ ^ Your basically having two symptoms which are almost the opposite. The "Twiching" people experience as a side effect from Marijuana is known as Myoclonic Jerks. Marijuana is a muscle relaxant so I don't know why it would make your Muscles tighten up.
  15. laCster laCster

• Since: Oct 5, 2008
    noobs will be noobs, i stopped getting twitches like after the a couple of months of smoking
    my advice, smoke more often to raise your tolerance, or don't smoke more than .1g at once
  16. Matikemp Matikemp

• Since: Nov 20, 2010
    Heavy strong weed smoker seizure and now twitches

Hi I have smoked weed daily for about 4 year and a month ago I had a partial complex seizure, i have never had a seizure befor now and for a month after getting out of hospital I had twitches in legs, lower back and arms I stopped smoking for 2 days which ws hard but the twitchs stoped them I smoke again last night and they came back. I have no idea what caused the. I also had a shaky leg Whig has never gone away but has slowly got better. Its iether the weed that caused the problems or it make whatever is wrong with me worse so I'm going to quit Anyone had similar exsperiance?