Ultimate high - 11th Dimension?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Jodawg27, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Jodawg27 Jodawg27

• Since: Apr 13, 2009
    I was high and reading about God particles ("Sparticles" "Higgs Boson") and how we're attempting to created them with the large hadron collider. I was thinking, what happened if you were somehow charged and all your particles became god particles and you were literally shifted into the 11th dimension. Would this be like the ultimate feeling of bliss? Just a thought I had probably because I was high.
  2. SmokeyMcPott SmokeyMcPott

• Since: Feb 13, 2005
    You should read the Celestine Prophecy. It brings to light a theory similar to yours.
  3. BassMM67 BassMM67

• Since: Apr 11, 2006
    That's weird. I have a copy of that book and I have no idea how i got it.
    I never opened it because i thought it was about religion.
    1 people like this.
  4. BassMM67 BassMM67

• Since: Apr 11, 2006
    Also, as far as I know there are only 10 Dimensions.
  5. k_semler k_semler

• Since: Dec 1, 2009
    That was before the discovery of M-theory. Classic string theory only needs 10 dimensions to work, but M-theory needs 11. The 11th dimension is where the membranes are theorized to reside which contain the multiverse. For details, see the post above with the videos.
    1 people like this.
  6. 024 024

• Since: Nov 1, 2009
    I do enjoy these theory but it is physically impossible for a human to do any of this, you must consider this tbh.
  7. k_semler k_semler

• Since: Dec 1, 2009
    Correct. Watch this:

8. Yana Usdi Yana Usdi

• Dogs best friend
    • Since: May 14, 2004
    I hate the term "God particles", it leads to too much mysticism and such when it's not warranted. Best as I can tell the Higgs Boson is the particle which would carry gravity across multiple dimensions, if those extra dimensions even exist. If they exist, and if we somehow turned into them, I'd think the odds are good that we'd simply die, the balance of energies which binds us together as a conscious life form in our 3 dimensions (4 with time) would be lost and our energies would simply dissipate across the rest of the dimensions. Kind of like death by black hole, an interesting idea to contemplate but probably not healthy for you in the end ;)

String theory isn't really my thing since it doesn't have even the first shred of experimental evidence for it yet so it's little more than an interesting hypothesis with some interesting math behind it, but if I remember right k_semler has it right. String theory only had 10 dimensions but it had some problems which some think were solved by the addition of the 11th dimension and Supergravity. The LHC might help to settle some of that, prove it one way or another.