Use GoodSearch.com and help MPP and/or NORML!

Discussion in 'Legalization/Decriminalization' started by Delta, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    • Since: Apr 6, 2009
    I had to stop using goodsearch because whenever I would search, it would load a new page, load blank, then say "done".

Anyone know why it might be doing that?
  2. Bomberking666 Bomberking666

• Since: Apr 22, 2009
    Do they limit your searches or contributions via ip address or cookies, if they don't I could record a macro and set the playback to 6000 so it will do nothing but search the same thing 6000 times automatically
  3. Bomberking666 Bomberking666

• Since: Apr 22, 2009
    Never mind this is an extremely bad idea because right under the search bar i read-----
    - "Please use this site honestly. Fraudulent searches will result in your charity being delisted".----
  4. nik12937 nik12937

• Since: Aug 19, 2008
    I just installed it to my firefox bar and set it as my home page, nice find!
  5. Gee Gee

• The truth is in here
    • Since: May 14, 2009
    To be honest I didn't think much of this when I first read it. That was until I realised how many times I search per day!

I've put it onto my Firefox and will do so on my wifes computer as well. I mean, you're going to search anyway so why not?

Anyone here at school, university or any other establishment with lots of computers should try and get people to add it if possible.

People should also post this on every forum they can.

I was just thinking, would the moderators want to duplicate this in a section more people read? I know it's against the "rules" but then so is smoking weed ;)
  6. zappy zappy

• Pondering Primate
    • Since: Aug 26, 2009
    This sounds like an awesome way to make some money for the cause. One cent per search may seem like a small amount. Assuming I make around 50 searches a day that equated to about $15 a month. Imagine if everyone from these forums joined. This number could easily turn into thousands of $$ if enough people do it.
  7. Arman Arman

• Since: Nov 8, 2008
    Who's Doing Good
    Lets get on this guys and get some serious $ for NORML. For those of you that already have the toolbar downloaded, just uninstall it the day before, and when this contest starts on April 6th at 9AM EST re-download it. Be sure to tell your friends, anyone you know that is in support of legalization :D. Since 2005, NORML has been able to collect $1,023.83. If we could get at least 500 people to do this, that's almost half the total amount collected in just 3 days.
  8. semajmarc semajmarc

• Since: May 18, 2009
    This is great! I'm going to bookmark that site! We need to spread the word about that site to our fellow marijuana law reform supporters!

Here's how much money has been made so far from searches.

MPP:
    Year-to-date $244.34
    Since Inception $1,404.56

NORML:
    Year-to-date $117.05
    Since Inception $970.88
  9. Ozlanthos Ozlanthos

• Since: May 9, 2011
    I've kind of tired of NORML. I think they started with good intentions but am fairly convinced that at this point they have become part of the machine. They have done some good work but I feel that their reluctance to push for total legalization is an indicator that they see such a resolution as an ending for the necessity of their being.

Unfortunately this ideal is entirely wrong-headed. They are a lobby-group. Did the pro-alcohol lobbyists go away once alcohol was no longer prohibited? NO! They became stronger and needed even more than before! Wherever there is a freedom granted to humans by their governing bodies, there spawn great numbers of people attempting to seize that freedom from us.

It is by fear, comfort, and complacency that even our most ardent advocates lose their vision. Such I believe has become of NORML. They quit pushing for reform on the level they had when medical marijuana started gaining ground, and look what has happened! With one stroke of his pen, Obama revoked his promise not to pursue or prosecute medical dispensaries that were operating within the laws of their states!

I fear that the accumulation of information on growers, prescribing doctors, and registered patients will now be used in the worst possible ways imagined by those who warned against having such requirements attached to the prescription of medical marijuana....

-Oz
  10. VApot VApot

• Since: Jul 10, 2011
  11. Nation of ganja Nation of ganja

• Since: Jul 15, 2012
    Wow this site is awesome thanks for posting this man. I can actually help NORML at least a little. When I get a job I will be donating at least 10% of my income to NORML.