vapor pipe?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 420'd, Jun 3, 2007.

1. 420'd 420'd

• Since: Apr 29, 2007
    sup guys, i am seriously considering spending 60 bucks and getting a vapor pipe this summer. it will be my first vaporizer experiance (i built a lightbulb one but it looks like a meth pipe, and burns weed a bit).

anyways, i guess im lookin for something like the Vaporgenie, but do vapor pipes work close to or as well as normal vaporizers? im gettin the vape pipe

a) cause its cheaper
    b)its portable

thoughts? recomendations? are the worth it?

thx
  2. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    VaporGenie or Vapor Buddy are the best pocket vapes available now IMO. Any vape that doesn't fill bags has a learning curve though. It takes some practice and effort not to burn your weed. If it were to be my only vape, and I had less than $100, I'd get a box vape from ebay. But if you need the stealth and small size of a pocket vape, those two are the way to go.
  3. 4/20 4/20

• ARRRRRR!
    • Since: Oct 19, 2005
    Never heard of those pipes, would someone please provide a picture?
  4. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    vapedaddy.com/index.php/cPath/21/sort/2a/page/2

There's a picture of anything you can buy on the web, accessible with your fingertips and a few clicks. These aren't really pipes. You hear 'vaporizer pipe' as a description sometimes, but 'pipe' = smoke, which is not what you want to get with a vape. Whatever you call it, it's vaporizing as long as you're turning the weed brown, not black.
  5. KushMonster KushMonster

• Since: Dec 19, 2006
    Meh

the Vaporgenie and other products IMO are pieces of junk its a waste of money but if you need something stealthy why not get a nice bubbler those get you ripped:D
  6. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    The OP was asking about a vaporizer, and this is the Vaporizers sub-forum. And you, my friend, show with your statement above, that you do not know what you're talking about. Lots of people have been satisfied with the VaporGenie, although you do have to be careful to use it properly. And exactly what "other products" do you also consider to be "pieces of junk"?

If you want to extoll the virtues of a bubbler you're in the wrong place. You need to be in Water Pipes or Hand Pipes.
    1 people like this.
  7. SuperTorch SuperTorch

• Since: Jun 22, 2006

I agree with 5drive, Kushmonster is clearly uninformed. The Vaporgenie, VaporBuddy and VaporStar are actually very well worth every penny for what they offer. They are proven pipes reviewed highy by almost all who buy them that can produce Big Vapors. I own the VaporStar and it's unbeatable to me for a lighter based Vaporizer. It's does not scorch very easy at all, but bakes the SH*T oout of the herbs. I can go through 10 bowls now with out a single scorch. The VaporStar has 16 outlets underneith where it releases the heat very evenly like a gas burner with the glass bong to watch for Vapors. I think I might buy a VaporBuddy, I beleave the VaporBuddy is made by the same people as the VaporGenie but do so in a plastic pipe as opposed to wood http://www.gotvape.com/store/vaporbuddy.vaporizer.php . Both use the exact same heating element(I think 99%).

If I had no vaporizer and $600 my first order would be a VaporStar, The bong is super cool, it's very portable and vaporizes too well for me not to start there. It's so easy to clean I clean it everytime and start with a fresh bong each time I vape.

http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/seeitwork.html
  8. 420'd 420'd

that vaporizer looks awsome. only problem is its only available by credit card which i dont have (im 15). plus its based in the UK, so shipping would be a bitch.

we have some pretty good head shops downtown in Toronto, i'l just head down there and see what they have. they probly have something simmelar to one of those

thanks for replying
  9. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker

Well, for affordability and quality in a butane powered vape, those three lead the pack and have no imitators that I know of. Nothing sold on the web anyway. And considering your age and need for stealth, I'd go for the pocket vapes, so I hope you can find one locally.
  10. 420'd 420'd

yea i phoned the nicest/most established head shop i know of and they said they have em for 50, so roughly 60 bucks with tax.

i'll see what kinds they have, but that vaporstar looked like the best choice.

plus i just came up with a SICK idea:

i have a bong just under a foot high, it's like 3 times the size of the bong that you get with that vaporstar, and you can get that thing just with the bowl

sooooo, i use the vaporizer bowl in my bong, and i'll have a WAY bigger chamber to clear.:D
  11. SuperTorch SuperTorch

You can not go wrong with the VaporStar, I'm considering bringing my total owned to 4, thats how much I like it or how well it preforms.
  12. 420'd 420'd

4??? why? just incase your too stoned to remember where you put the other three?
  13. SuperTorch SuperTorch

When Vaping I like each to have their own bowl/pipe, plus I have various bongs and think I want a Vaporstar for each, however the VaporStar bong is the best feeling when in your hand compared to any I own so I'll always get the bong pictured in the "See it work" video. I don't smoke any otherway and you never know when a site is going to close down and then their gone for good.
  14. KushMonster KushMonster

• Since: Dec 19, 2006
    First of all i made it clear that it was my opinion, i have tried the vapor genie and i found it un usefull to me,btw i am used to hitting a volcano,and i was only expressing how much i love bubblers:wave:
  15. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    Well that's a lot more clear than your original post but the VaporGenie DOES work. I would have just said 'I didn't like it. It didn't work for me', instead of calling it and unnamed "other products" "pieces of junk" and a "waste of money". You were basically saying 'those are junk. Buy a pipe instead'. Saying you're used to a Volcano just makes it worse, since that says you're familiar with vaping. The guy's looking for a vape, not a pipe. If you want to throw in your 2 cts worth about the VaporGenie, you should try to do it without offending the VaporGenie users, and if you don't have a suggestion for a small, cheap vape, don't suggest smoke when he's after vapor. If you want to be blunt and offensive, that's your right, but don't be surprised if you piss somebody off and get snapped at.
  16. Equilibrium Equilibrium

• Cranched Scanner
    • Since: Feb 3, 2006
    how does a vapor pipe not look like a METH PIPE
  17. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    I couldn't tell you what a meth pipe looks like. You can smoke various products in most pocket pipes and I've seen what looks like a glass pipe for crack, hash oil, whatever, sold as a cheap vaporizer. Any of 'em look like paraphernalia to a cop, so what's the difference?
  18. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    Exactly. Makes no difference. I have been told on a few occasions that my Ubies kinda look like crack pipes. Oh well. :)
  19. TortugaSensei TortugaSensei

• Since: Apr 26, 2008
    Help! Can't get the hang of it!

Hey, my boyfriend and I just got one, and eh we're not too keen on HOW to actually go about doing it properly. We don't want to wast our "herbage" by trying and failing. So eh if anyone can give some small hints nad tips it'd be GREATLY appreciated! :D:lock:
  20. adam914 adam914

• Since: Mar 25, 2008
    Vaporstar or Vapor Genie dude. Vapor genie is more portable (I have one its good) and you can get it on amazon. tell your parents you want a game or something and all you'll get in the mail is an amazon box with your pipe inside. its what I did. My mom handed me the package ;)