Vapor Vs. Smoke

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by adam914, Aug 25, 2008.

1. adam914 adam914

• Since: Mar 25, 2008
    I'd love to believe that vaporizing is better, but i've got to say that smoking from the bong got me more high than any vaporizer ever did. I'd like to be on the vaporizer bandwagon but it seems like smoking is just better, and I think i like it better. Whats the deal here? what do you guys think about vaporizing versus smoking in terms of the buzz you get?
  2. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    I don't think one is better than the other; they both have their place.
    With vaporizing one gets the benefits of cannabis without the problems associated with inhalation of combusted material.
    However, the high and the medicinal benefits have a lesser spectrum of nuance and medical usefulness than that of smoking given that with smoking one is accessing many of the cannabinoids contained in the plant while with vaporizing most of marihuana's cannabinoids are bypassed in favor of THC.

Vaporization is typically a more efficient vehicle resulting in less weed required per session to get the desired effect.

Speaking to the high only, I find that I like them both. The result of one is quite different than the other.
    I'd like to use wine as an analogy though it's not quite accurate. That said, one might say that a vapor high is akin to a fine wine of medium body, beautifully drawn out on the palate, lingering into a clean finish.

Smoking brings forth a depth of complexity like a wine drawn from grapes grown in ageless and lovingly tended soil, imbuing a harmony of flavors, a feast for the mind, body, and spirit.

With moderation this is one coin flip you can't lose...:)
    1 people like this.
  3. newcarcaviar newcarcaviar

• Since: Nov 29, 2004
    Even though I vape a lot more than I smoke, I'd still have to go with smoking. A lot of people say that vaping gets them higher, but I've found that smoking always gets me higher. And I just enjoy the act more. :)
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Some people prefer the high they get from smoking. Some prefer the high they get from vaping. That's a matter of personal taste.

I like the high from vaping because it's clear and cerebral. It makes me want to get up and dance or do things. Smoking makes me feel like sitting on the couch and spacing out to whatever's on TV.

From a more objective POV, vaping gives you the flavor of the weed, not the flavor of smoke. Vaping doesn't burn up the THC in your weed, meaning that you get more of it in your lungs.

One of the nice things about vaping is that it makes my stash last twice as long because I need only half as much to get high. When KB costs $300+ an ounce, a $120 vaporizer more than pays for itself with the first half-o you vape.
  5. Spliffy Poo Spliffy Poo

• Since: Aug 24, 2008
    Only thing I've been told is that vaporizing should be much more cleaner than the regular burn. Quality aside... element pieces included it tastes damn good.
  6. RooR RooR

• Since: Aug 23, 2008
    Why not try bouth?

You cant beat smoking a bong then a joint then another bong, maby a bowl or two, then end with a nice vape session.
  7. Mr_Kush Mr_Kush

• Since: Aug 18, 2008
    How many times have you vaped?