vaporizer/one-sh0oter at the airport?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by funyhaha, Jan 22, 2010.

1. funyhaha funyhaha

• Since: Jan 22, 2010
    hi everyone
    im going on an international trip to asia.
    im not planning to bring any weed on the plane but
    would having a vaporizer(vaporgenie) and an one-shooter get me into problems?
    i just wanna bring'em so that i can try different legal herbs once i get to asia.
    im thinking about cleaning the vaporizers with alcohol.

would i get caught for this??
    thanks!
  2. Bilbowe Bilbowe

• Since: Feb 21, 2009
    Well, if there isnt any resin or weed inside the vape/onnie then you shouldn't have a problem.
  3. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Not knowing international law on such things, I'd skip it. Asian countries tend to have very draconian drug laws, and the tiniest trace of illegal drugs can get someone locked up for a consierable amount of time. Knowing this, theres nmo way in hell I'd ever take anything I thought might be remotely illegal though any Asian airport. You don't have the same rights and protections as you would in the US, and overall, the risk for trouble just seems far too great to even ponder the idea
  4. RespyShunt RespyShunt

• Since: Mar 15, 2009
    just buy a pipe in asia.
  5. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    Bring the vaporgenie top piece, and the little coil thing under the screen that holds the screen in place.... when you arrive go to a headshop and pick up a metal pipe with the appropriate threading, and an appropriate sized screen.

My friend brought one that looked like this over my house:

[IMG]

and it worked perfect. You can find these types of pipes at any headshop, and even many gas stations.

The top piece is pretty harmless looking. Clean it thoroughly and throw it in with your clothes.

Also, it depends on the country you are going to. Some countries in Asia are EXTREMELY strict, such as Singapore, South Korea, Japan.
  6. Lukeaxx Lukeaxx

• Since: Aug 20, 2009
    I have been to asia several times (Japan) and am planning on moving there at one point in my life.

Asian laws on drugs are heavy. Seriously man don't risk it.

You can get 7 years forced labor for possession of any controlled substance in most Asian countries - drug laws are very heavy there, and paraphernalia will get you into trouble with the Asian law enforcement, trust me, the drug laws are incredibly heavy.

In japan I asked someone what he thought of Marijuana, for my own personal research into cultural views on drugs. He ran away thinking I was working for the Yakuza and was going to offer him drugs.

My advice: Don't risk it, you'll get yourself into alot of trouble - and you won't be able to buy weed from there. If you are going to a country such as japan, average street prices are $100 (approx) for about 3 grams - because of the heavy laws, and the only place you could get it is from the street gangs such as the Yakuza.

If you are going to a country such as india or pakistan, - I don't know the laws on Marijuana over there, but I don't see them being very pro-marijuana :)
    2 people like this.
  7. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008

Actually, Pakistan is pretty tolerant. Hash is a large part of culture, and pretty cheap. Police may fuck with white tourists for a bribe though. When my friend went he paid 10 bucks USD to a cop to keep 30g of hash and not go to jail.

Also, some Asian countries are fine for drugs.. police are actually known to sell drugs in Cambodia if you can believe that. Just a bit of corruption for ya.
  8. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    I vote for traveling clean.
    Frankly, why anyone would risk getting pulled aside and all the associated and seriously screwed up hassles dealing with Customs is beyond me.
    Let alone getting arrested :rolleyes:

Taking those kinds of chances with your freedom just so you can take paraphernalia with you when there are always ways to smoke/vape wherever you go?

Don't do it!...