Vaporizers and Tinctures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by nornerator, Feb 12, 2008.

1. nornerator nornerator

• Since: Oct 28, 2005
    NOTE: NEVER DRINK ANY SOLUTION CONTAINING RUBBING ALCOHOL OR ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.

I have written a thread or two about how to use ABV material (Already been Vaporized) including making peanut butter abv sandwiches, which although made me high, were absolutely disgusting, and so I only used this method three times.

I have found my new favorite way of using ABV material in an extremely cost effective and interesting way.

I must tell you, I discovered this quite by accident.

So for about a year now, I have been cleaning my vaporizer whip in rubbing alcohol in a little jar. I typically just reuse the same rubbing alcohol, keeping it in the container all the time. A few times, not many, I accidentally did not remove the abv material before placing the whip in the rubbing alcohol, as a result the rubbing alcohol took a brownish green color.

One morning before classes, I was removing my whip from the rubbing alcohol, so that it would be dry by the evening. I accidentally spilled about 5mL of the rubbing alcohol solution on my hands. I thought nothing of it, and just washed my hands and went to class. About 30 minutes into my biochemistry lecture, I began to feel, different. I didn't know exactly what it was, after class had ended and I began the trek to my next class, I could tell that this was a marijuana buzz I was experiencing, although different from smoking of vaporizing, somewhat like the buzz from eating marijuana, but still different from that. I realized it must have been the rubbing alcohol infused with THC and other cannabinoids that caused my buzz. THC and the other cannabinoids in marijuana are non-polar, and diffuse somewhat easily into the lipid bilayer of the cell membranes.

For a while, I forgot about the incident, and went on with life as usual. However today, I decided I wanted to try a small experiment. I purposefully poured two aliquots of about 5mL's of this solution onto my hands and rubbed it in. Within 20 minutes I could notice changes in perception. Also, the characteristic feeling of heavy eyes, somewhat more scattered thoughts, and general relaxation are apparent.

So what does this all mean?

Considering the low amounts of ABV material in the actual solution, I would imagine that increasing the ABV material would increase the potency of the solution.

Also, just to note, I am not "stoned" Although this solution was of rather low potency, it is hard to say whether or not this method of absorbing cannabinoids through the skin will be able to make a person really high. Even though it has not produced a high level of intoxication, the more pleasant effects of marijuana relaxation are present.

I highly recommend this use for ABV material. It is a hassle free way of using ABV material in a unique way, producing unique effects on the mind and body as opposed to other methods of consumption/extraction.

Enjoy!
    1 people like this.
  2. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    If this is possible, I wonder if it would be possible to make a drinkable tincture with grain alcohol, made with ABV. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a pint of grain alcohol and throw some ABV in, see how it turns out. :) I have over 5 ounces of ABV. :laugh: I was going to make some tincture with fresh ground herb in a couple weeks anyway. I am just concerned about the taste.
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I suspect that the effect is entirely imaginary. ABV doesn't contain that much THC. Getting it in an alcohol solution on your hands and then washing it off wouldn't give much time for it to be absorbed. If the THC were passing into your bloodstream, wouldn't the toxic isopropyl alcohol do it even more?
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    It's done all of the time. Google "(cannabis OR marijuana) tincture".
  5. nornerator nornerator

• Since: Oct 28, 2005
    I do not believe the effect is imaginary, I invite you to try it out.

Also, the isopropanol is much more polar than THC, due to its OH group on C2. Isopropanol would have quite a difficult time diffusing through the incredibly apolar lipid bilayer. THC on the other hand can somewhat slip right through. THC also has an OH group, however THC is a much larger molecule and therefore much more apolar.

Like I said before, I was not stoned, but I could definitely feel an altered awareness. Although I have been told that I have a rather good sense of feeling changes in perception. I can feel caffeine in very small dosages, and the fact that I only vaporize a very small amount each day probably adds to it.
  6. Lord Vapor Lord Vapor

• Since: Jan 5, 2008
    This is a very interesting hypothesis, I am intrigued now...

I also had a thought as to why this may have worked for you. Since you clean your whip in the alcohol and you are re-using the same alcohol I am thinking there would be more thc from the resin than from the abv. Like you said it was a small amount of abv and you have to eat a lot of that crap to feel it. It's just like when you clean a pipe with alcohol (or your whip) and then let the iso evap to leave the resin goo behind. that goo will mess you up so soaking it through your skin could work too.

Also the iso doesn't do anything too you. I get my hands soaked in it when I clean my stuff and I never feel anything, it just evaps.