Vaporizing Vs. Smoking

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by VaporizorMariJ, Nov 7, 2006.

1. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

• Since: Dec 3, 2006
    Well after my recent purchase I could seriously see myself going long periods of time without actually smoking weed... Although I wont beable to resist the occational joint.

Iv been smoking weed everyday since i was 14 or 15... Sister is a huge pot head and she would get me high everyday which was when i was 14. I went solid from there everyday, sometimes I would go weeks or longer smoking 5-10 times a day. Every break in school, all night long and on weekends all day mixed with drinking and partying. Anyways Im 20 now... Managed to make a career for myself and make decent coin for my age(I drive and sell heavy equipment). All while getting high on my own time. I honestly think if i never smoked weed I would be worse off lol. Except for my lungs. Anyways im going off topic...

What Im trying to get at is if I were to use only a Vaporizer would it be alot better for my lungs? I know its said to be alot healthier... but can anyone say that they have been vaping every day and they havee noticed a difference....
  2. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    A lot of people, including me, vape to avoid smoke. I smoked cigarettes for years and finally quit. Then, even though I became sort of a health nut, including lots of exercise, smoking weed was even getting to me. When I started getting a minor but chronic cough, I was ready to give up smoking weed as well, despite the recreational and medicinal benefits. When I discovered vaping, my lungs felt a lot better-less tightness, no more coughing. I quit smoking within about a week and haven't even been tempted since. So it was easy for me, since I felt bad with smoke and good without it. The other benefit to avoiding smoke is that you don't get toxic compounds like benzene, toluene, and naphthalene (at temps up to 365F). Tars and carbon monixide are greatly reduced with vaping too. Of course you have to watch your temp to avoid this stuff. At 400F you do get significant levels of benzene, and CO and tars increase.
    1 people like this.
  3. kbwiv kbwiv

• Since: Aug 28, 2005
    i just got my new vaporizer about 4 days ago, and havent smoked since i got it. vaping is definitely a healthier way to go. my chest feels so much better now, deep breathing is much easier. i play sports, and smoking in the evenings was starting to get to me too. huge bong rips were really starting to kill my lungs.

i'm so glad i got this vape, it's completely worth it, and if nothing at all at least i'm feeling healthier.:D
  4. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

Im definatly going to try vaping solid for a few weeks... maybe with the occational bong hit to mix up the buzz.... Hopefully It helps my lungs out and bit.
  5. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker

You got the Vapolution? I take it you like it? Did you get the buddy bowl? All-in-wonder bowl? Used the car adapter yet? Tell us about it kb!
  6. kbwiv kbwiv

• Since: Aug 28, 2005
    yeah man, i did get the vapulation. i really like it a lot. i ordered the setup that came with two of the buddy bowls, because after reading what everyone said about it, it seems a little better than the regular bowl with the washer setup. i thought about the all-in-wonder bowl, but i like the idea of a hose that i can move around with, instead of having to pick up the whole unit itself.

i havent yet used the car adapter (i dont have a car) but hopefully i'll get to check that out in one of my friends' cars soon.

my only real complaint is the annoyance of packing bowls. the piece is very small and my very undextrous hands seem to have trouble stuffing ground up bud into the piece. i'm definitely still getting the hang of everything though, fiddling with how tight i pack the bowl, temperature settings, how hard i pull....etc etc.

it's definitely a great setup for the price...i think it was $145 with the extra bowls and mouthpieces. it shipped really friggen fast too, i think i put the order in online on a monday, and it was at my door when i got home from work on thursday.

my favorite part about it is how i'm using a lot less weed now, probably 2/3 of what i was smoking before. and now that it's been a week with no actual 'smoking', my lungs are feeling better and workouts and exercise feel way better!!! :D :D
  7. nornerator nornerator

• Since: Oct 28, 2005
    I started vaping for both health and economical reasons.

The thought process at the time was:

"I want to get high everyday, but I just cannot justify spending more than 30% of my income on pot" At the time I was only working 10ish hours a week, before I had gotten my nice raise. Now I work 30 hours a week got a nice raise, and go to college full time.

Anyways I realized that by buying a vaporizer would not only save mucho money in the long run. (Once you learn to use it .1 gram of Chronic will get me pretty damn high, but I usually use .25 to take me to that next level considering its still a small amount compared to smoking)

But also it is great for you health wise.

Think about it, you get all the THC CBN CBD, and the other cannabinoids, without getting the by-products of combustion.

Research has already shown Marijuana does not cause cancer, even though tar and other carcinogens that result from combustion does occur in Marijuana smoke, suggesting that some other chemical in Marijuana smoke reduces cancer to have an overall equalling effect.

Get rid of the carcinogens and what are you left with? Anti-Cancer agents, that also preform a variety of other health benefits, that some researchers have gone as far as saying as having "anti-aging" effects.

It is from this research and extensive time spent reading actual research logs rather than what people say about the research, I have concluded that Vaporizing Marijuana will not reduce health, but can only improve it.

So Yes, Vaporizing is better for you!
  8. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    The small bowl (as far as packing it) really is the weak point of this vape. If your herb is ground fine and dry, it's tough to load without sucking some up the tubing. This is when having no screen is a minus. I usually use an intact piece of bud as a screen -shove it up near the dimple on the bowl and then pack my loose/ground herb, using the intact piece as a kind of screen. You can also try to moisten the dry herb and make a little ball. I haven't had a lot of luck with that method though. It mostly depends on how fine it's ground. Another idea I had is to cut a screen down to a smaller size, then insert between 1/4" and 1/2" up the bowl. It wouldn't have to be a perfect fit-folding up on the sides of the bowl would be fine-even make it easier to remove. I haven't tried it yet, but see no reason it wouldn't work. Ideally, you use an intact piece of bud the right size and just blow it out after it's cooked. One tip on removal, if you haven't already run into it- don't leave the bud in the bowl too long after vaping. It'll stick to the sides and you won't be able to blow it out. And of course you can always turn the unit on its side so loose herb doesn't fall down the heater tube. All things considered, I really like the Vapolution. It's tough, nothing on the unit is hot so you don't burn yourself when you get wasted, and you only have to be careful with bowl insertion and removal to prevent damage to bowl or heating chamber. And if you or one of your wasted buddies does damage the interior glass, the company will do a one time $50 replacement. The main thing I like, besides great portabiltiy, is that it gives the smoothest hits of any vape I've used. A bag unit is smooth, of course (but not as tasty), but you've got all that air mixed in the bag, so to me that's like apples and oranges.
  9. imported_dankbudsonly imported_dankbudsonly

• Since: May 18, 2006
    i love vaporizing. it doesnt hurt yur lungs at all. in my opinion the vaporbrothers is the best. Not too expensive and works amazingly.
  10. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

How do you know you know its the best if you've never tried any others :p
  11. TaylorLovesBuds TaylorLovesBuds

• Since: Feb 2, 2011
    Hi folks

I also vaporize because I wanted a healthier alternative to smoking. I try to enjoy marijuana with a balanced and healthy life style.

I really enjoy the actual taste of the marijuana that the vaporizer provides and the best damn snack I ate with 1/2 a grapefruit after smoking a Grapefruit strain.
  12. ImSoLit ImSoLit

• Since: Dec 8, 2010
    haha sorry im ghetto, i made one of those light bulb vaporizers and ive been usin it every day and i found it greatly increases the amount of use you can get out of one g. ive been legit trippin three times off one g in the past 2 days. altho i had some wicked dank sour d and vapin doesnt destroy 90% of the thc like smoke does, so you get alot more high quicker. and just one pack i got good rips for 2 hours straight just non stop hittin it. it doesnt waste ANY bud, and after ur done u can smoke the remaining bud and still get high
  13. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

Holy shit Flashback! haha I just came online to check out the new posts (I went a few years without being on this site).

I love how one of my 2006 Original posts has resurfaces out of the blue.

So Im 24 now.... I do not drive heavy equipment anymore. I work in a much different field now haha. But Marijuana is still a strong habbit of mine.

Unfortunately I have gone back to smoking. I bring out the vape on occation. But smoking is still my weak point haha. Doesnt help that I am an on and off tobacco smoker.

Another Trippy note.... You will notice my join date is Dec 2006. Yet this post was created in Nov 2006! Trippy haha
  14. Le0n Le0n

• Since: Feb 17, 2010
    @OP;

I know how you feel.

when I purchased my SSV I knew i would be using that dominantly, I just didnt realize that 6 months would go by without using my bong at all... so I converted the bong for the vaporizer instead. I had previous vape experience with a Vapir Model, the Oxygen Mini to be exact.

Now, when I first started vaping I never thought it would get me that high. I am a seasoned smoker, I can punch cones onoe after another with little effect. After experiencing vape, there is no way I can go back to smoking, I just personally do not enjoy it at all anymore.

Not only did my consumption levels dramatically decrease, but I felt better too... No more hard core coughing was one of the main benifits. I dont have any medical conditions for my lungs, so I did not switch for health, I just wanted to get higher. And the SSV delivered that perfectly. To be honest, completley draining a .3 of THC, after 15 minutes, gets me very damn high!

So, I have to say, Vaping is my method of choice. Enough for me to turn down a bong at a party.. :)