Wandhash

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SpiralArchitect, Sep 5, 2008.

1. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    ^^ Another medical use for mj. ;)
    1 people like this.
  2. SimpleGreen SimpleGreen

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    This. I like to think of it as sugar coating my wand hash.
  3. Sofa King Sofa King

• It's Good to be the KING.
    • Since: Mar 1, 2006
    Whenever I change out my screen there is a layer of black paste on the underside of the screen. Is that the same as wand hash? Because I rolled it into a ball once and smoked it but it didn't really do much for me.

I will post a pic of my wand later on, as it has not been cleaned. Ever. So like 2 years or so of buildup. Thats prolly like 800+ bowls worth of condensed vapor. It looks pretty nasty. I just never knew exactly what to do with it but didn't want to waste it because I had heard it was worth saving.
  4. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I don't think so. I've never saved it.
  5. beezleb878 beezleb878

• Since: Oct 13, 2007
    Its too exposed to the direct heat to have much use, I dump in my abv jar only as I have before taken it and put it in a bowl and light it up and I felt something but its not wand hash by my meaning. The stuff under the screen looks the same but is seriously weakened to abv quality in my opinion.

When I say wand hash I am speaking about the stuff between the screen and the tubing.
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    It's totally vaped-out AVB, exposed to so much hot air that there's nothing volatile left in it.
  7. Kesto24ut Kesto24ut

• Since: Aug 23, 2009
    Sweet that looks dank. Anyways, I scraped out my wand residue and squeezed it into a pyramid looking shape (about the size of a pinky). I thought about vaping it but since it's really lose and fragile, wouldn't vaping it cause the pyramid to fall apart and many of the residue would probably go right through the filter without being vaped?

I was wondering if I should put it inside a cup of alcohol instead, or if I just drop some alcohol onto the pyramid residue and let it dry - would it become more sticky/solid? Thanks for sharing everyone, I'm new by the way =]
  8. Darla5763 Darla5763

• Since: Jul 9, 2009
    getting the stuff

What I've been doing is cleaning the wand once every week or two (I don't like it dirty either) I clean with the iso and SAVE the iso in a jar and reuse it over and over until your ready to put the plate over a pot of water on the electric stove to evap it off. Its nice because I can have clean equipment and still save the good stuff in the iso until I'm ready for it. I just made some today, unfortunatly I was being stuptd and spilled half the jar. I still got a pretty decent chunk of the stuff though.
  9. KiNg KoNG KiNg KoNG

• Since: May 13, 2008
    i scrape it out of my wand into the bottom of a OLD grinder and let it sit there for a few days, it will get hard just sitting there and just to roll into a ball after a few days..
  10. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    Damn bro I just smoked the tiniest little bit of wandhash out of my bubbler and it produced one very thick hit of smoke. Shit burned for a long time too, almost ran outta room in my lungs. I'm straight up retarded right now lol

I was vaping it earlier too but I'm way higher from smoking it.
  11. Qbit Qbit

• Since: Jul 29, 2009
    Then your doing it wrong in your vape. Anything in wandhash is vapourizable, because it's already vapourized before. If you mix the hash up with some herb in your vape it might work much better.

I'm surprise that you can actually smoke the stuff at all. Do you get the stuff glowing or does it just bubble and produce your hit? Because if it's not glowing (burning) then it's just being vapourized. Remember, the only component of smoke that gets you genuinely high is the vapour - the rest is just a toxic reaction to nasties.
  12. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I vaped some wand hash not long ago, and it knocked me for a loop. :p

It's great knowing you are constantly making wand hash everytime you vap, and it's free! :D
  13. TheCabDriver TheCabDriver

• Since: Jun 28, 2009
    Haha yup I love to think about that. Which is also the reason I invested in a grinder. Now I have the wand hash and the keif collecting every time I hit the vape.
    1 people like this.
  14. beezleb878 beezleb878

• Since: Oct 13, 2007
    Thats a great system and one I advocate for those with grinders, with kief catcher. As wandhash or kief build ups the other is good to use. Its like always a supply if you use is conservatively.
    1 people like this.
  15. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    I can vape it and get plenty high. I think it was overwhelming because I got it all in one concentrated hit. Also, I wrote that about 5-6 minutes after I smoked it, so I was feeling pretty good. Vaping it gets me just as high too.

It was glowing and it made a nice little crackle sound. It stayed cherried for a long time, enough to make me almost run out of room in my lungs.

I did this with the debris you get from scraping though, not the yellowish oil you get from ISO, which I only use for vaping. I think the oil is too delicate to smoke, and I usually don't want to waste any. Smearing a little on your bud before you vape ensures you get all the goodies. :)

Not exactly true, certain CBNs are only released at higher temperatures than you vape at. If you are vaping high enough to get those, you might as well smoke it. Plus, if those nasties make me feel that good, I don't care. :p I was pretty much a vape-only user for about a year, only recently have I gotten back into smoking.
  16. Qbit Qbit

• Since: Jul 29, 2009
    OK, well I guess when you're combusting, you're getting much higher temperatures than with a vape, so it all vapourizes really quick. You could just hotknife the stuff for those big hits, because burning it will definitely waste some of that precious goo.

BTW you don't need iso to clean your glassware - just put your piece in the freezer for half an hour, and when you take it out the wandhash will slide off beautifully with a butterknife.

Well to be really pedantic, it is only the vapour component of smoke that gets you high, but as you say you won't get every last bit of that potential vapour with a vapourizer. But I can't agree with the suggestion that 'you might as well smoke it' instead of vaping really hot. There's a long list of nasties that turn up only after combustion, and I don't want any of those thanks. But if you enjoy those nasties then smoke away. That's your choice, and I'm not going to stop you.

However, just because you vapourize, doesn't mean you have to miss out on those high temperature boiling cannabinoids. You can always iso or butane wash your ABV, or of course just cook with it. ABV product by itself tends to be pretty body sedating without much mental effect, but together with some vapour it works very nicely. Mind you, most of the time I prefer to do without ABV product, as it can really kill my motivation, and can just make me fall asleep. Good for weekends though.
  17. emuhhleee emuhhleee

• emtard smash!
    • Since: Oct 13, 2008
    Every Single Time I Think It Says Handwash!!!!
  18. aword aword

• Since: May 23, 2006
    Just smoked a fresh (right out under the fan) bowl of wand hash and I'm baked...:hail:
  19. anarke anarke

• Since: Nov 14, 2009
    I made my first batch of wand hash tonight off of my DBV. I got a nice thick, dense ball left after I scraped down my plate. But man this stuff is dark, I mean really dark. I'm going to let it dry out more overnight but still, why is this stuff so damn dark? Other pictures I've seen of wand hash have much lighter colors.
  20. LSD Kool Aid LSD Kool Aid

• Since: Oct 22, 2009
    Damn what the hell. I've just been washing this stuff away with rubbing alcohol I didnt know it was still potent. I assumed that since hot air was always running through the tube that all the goodness was vaped out. I wish I could have all that back now. When you have a ball of it to you just drop it right on the screen in the whip or add it on top of some bud?