We need a new word for "not buzzed/high/stoned"

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Buzzby, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    While "sober" fits the dictionary definition for not being high, it holds too many connotations of "not being drunk". I'd like to find a word that specifically relates to cannabis. I made one up, "abstonent", which I think is pretty good. I'd like to hear other members suggestions.
    Justsumguy likes this.
  2. ctth75 ctth75

• Since: Mar 13, 2012
    I like your thinking. Sober is definitely, at least for me, identified with alcohol. As for a word that means not high, I usually hear people saying I'm "straight," though I don't really like the term. Abstonement is pretty clever.

I like the prefix play. A-, Anti-, Dis-, Il-, Im-, In-, Ir-, and Un- all mean some sort of not, or without. So "ilstoned" or "unhigh."
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Back when I started smoking, in the late '60s, "straight" was the uncontested term for "not stoned". More recently, when I've used that term, some people didn't know what I was talking about. It's further complicated because heroin users get "straight" when they get a fix. At least they used to. I have no contacts in the hard drug using community anymore and terminology changes so rapidly.
  4. PhoLuM PhoLuM

• Since: Oct 14, 2011
    Sometimes we use "I'm clean", but that isn't something I really recommend :3
  5. PurpleSparkleUnicorns PurpleSparkleUnicorns

• Since: Nov 16, 2012
    We could say "low" when we aren't "high". Or maybe we could use the word "level"... Like straight.... You're not high, so you're level, like flat. Or maybe "empty"...