Weed In Vodka?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by pvsurfer, May 20, 2009.

1. pvsurfer pvsurfer

• Since: Feb 8, 2009
    My friend told me today that you can take a large shot glass, fill it with vodka or any strong hard A and take a quality nug and let it soak in there for a while and then extract the vodka without the weed and supposedly the THC from the weed will stay within the vodka and you can drop it under your tongue and get high. Sounds completely ridiculous to me but I was wondering if it actually was possible?
  2. Merkabah Merkabah

• Since: May 5, 2009
    Did it with Everclear. Put all my stems and some crumbled weed, some vapor leftovers into a bottle of Everclear (used half the bottle, actually), let it soak in a dark place for about a month maybe. Then strain it mix it and drink it.

Tastes like not good, but does the trick.

The alcohol absorbs the THC. The higher the alcohol content the better it works, that's why I used Everclear.

I'm sure the more experienced tokers will give you all sorts of tips, buts that's my experience.

I prefer smoking it to drinking it.
  3. Maximus Maximus

• Since: Mar 22, 2009
    Ive heard of stems being infused in vodka. You just have to let it sit in a dark place for a week or two. I suppose you could throw some substance in there, might be a crazy high/drunk. Sounds like puking at 5am to me, others may enjoy though.
  4. Ygdonmir Ygdonmir

• Since: Apr 27, 2009
    Ah, the Green Dragon :p. The quick way is simple, and turns in to liquid awesomeness. But might not be as effective. Get as many stems, shake or maybe even a nugget or two for good measure and stick it in a bottle of vodka. Everclear is usually the best way to go (As suggested before.). It absorbs more THC plus it hits you like a warhammer.

Stick the bottle somewhere for at least a week to a month and enjoy. It may turn a little brown. It's usually good to mix it with a bit of OJ or whatever for taste unless you do a shot. And don't choke on any stems. Here's a site I quickly found on the interwebs that offers another way if you feel like being a potion brewer. Involving extractions and ingredient measurement examples.

How to Make "Green Dragon"

Some go as far as to make jello shots with it but I think that would be a waste. I don't know about you, but jello shots are ineffective to me.
    1 people like this.
  5. pvsurfer pvsurfer

Thanks dude thats exactly what I was hoping someone would post back, ive got a whole medical canny full of stems so i think im gonna try this. I wonder would it work with taquilla? lol
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Remember, this isn't magic. You can't get any more THC out of something than it has in it to begin with. If you take a bunch of stems, which contain very little THC, you're going to get a weak product. This process works great with good buds, OK with leaves and shake, but not very well with stems.

Also, don't forget that it takes three times as much to get high via the oral route as the inhalation route.

I prefer to make BHO and then dissolve it in a small quantity of grain alcohol. It makes for a much cleaner and more potent product and it doesn't stick to everything the way hash oil does.
  7. pvsurfer pvsurfer

Hmm good point, I think I might just buy some quality buds and just use that to make some green dragon. Stems wont do much even though ive got a shitload of them.
  8. kuipo kuipo

• Since: Mar 16, 2009
    I'd recommend using the strongest liquour you'll find, and throwing in the stems, shake, and bud (the more you use, the stronger the product).
    Also make sure you chop down everything down to a powder form, that way, it'll be easier for ther THC to attach to the alcohol.

If you do it potent enough, you can just put a drop under your tongue, and get high off it.
  9. kuipo kuipo

• Since: Mar 16, 2009
    PS. If it is not potent enough, you can try and evaporate some alcohol just by letting it sit in a dark place (also, when storing the new mixture, leave it tightly closed in a dark cool place)