weed leaf tattoos

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Yoda, Dec 20, 2005.

1. hypno hypno

• I B HUNG LIKE SADDAM !!!1
    • Since: Mar 6, 2007
    while you're at it, get a big tattoo on your forehead that says
    'hey! i advocate an illegal substance ! look at me !'

same thing
  2. tekkenlaw tekkenlaw

• Since: Oct 31, 2005
    Or if anyone asks, say you're a big fan of the Japanese Maple Tree...
  3. iamskfan iamskfan

• [URL="http://www.ediblemj.com"]Medical Marijuana E
    • Since: Sep 29, 2005
    The way I see it is....people wear shirts, hats, shoes, earrings, necklaces and things of that manner all the time with pot leaves on them. It is his leg, if he wants to advertise let him!!

What you guys don't understand though, is DW NEVER wears shorts!! So, it is hidden unless we go swimming. Everyone we know already knows were pot heads, so what?

He is proud that he advocates MJ. He is proud that he is a MJ smoker. One of the things I have always loved about him is his ability to not give a shit about others!!

That is why we got married to the song "Nothing Else Matters" :D

I am getting a tattoo with a leaf in it, but like Jack's girlfriend it will be inconspicious. It will integrated into the wings of a butterfly....kind of like my avatar.
  4. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    LOL...speaking of advertising pot use, I saw a an old "hippie van" the other day, painted up in typical 60's fashion. What really tripped me out and had me rolling on the ground laughing was that across the entire back was painted "Probable Cause" While slightly off-topic, it was somewhat applicable here. The van belongs to some HS kid....I'm gonna snap a pic if I can next time i see it
  5. FitShaced FitShaced

• Since: Feb 16, 2004
    Hey, is it giving me the finger?

The bong in that tat looks awesome, the leaf needs to be filled out a bit more. It looks like the leaf they painted on the water tower on that 70's show.
  6. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Yeah, that's a type of pot leaf that a high school student would draw on a desk...4 straight lines to make the stems, and a basic ridge pattern to make the leaves...
  7. iamskfan iamskfan

are you all making fun of the leaf?

The guy free handed the tattoo, and I guess that was the best he could do. DW did say that sometime he would go and have the leaf fixed.

That tattoo wasn't professionally done, as you all have pointed out ;) But I still think it was good for free hand!! The bong originally had smoke coming out the top and no leaf, and then they took out the smoke and added the leaf. DW loves it, so I guess that is what matters!!
  8. Killerchron Killerchron

• Get ya shine on
    • Since: Oct 10, 2006
    You can tell it wasnt done by a professional tatoo artist. I always thought it was a bad idea to tatoo yourself, and now i see why..
  9. iamskfan iamskfan

Ummmm....he didn't tattoo himself!! Someone else tattooed it.

Oh, and the guy has done his apprenticeship under a tattoo artist, he just doesn't have a tattoo parlor.

Anyway, not gonna try to defend the tat anymore! lol DW likes it and that is all that matters, it is his leg!

It is a much better tattoo than alot of the tattoos I have seen before, even by professionals.
  10. fight4theright fight4theright

• Marijuana Enthusiast
    • Since: Oct 6, 2006
    I didn't think it was all that bad...however on the a different note, I would never get a tattoo that advertised my love of an illegal activity. If I was ever in a situation where smoking was frowned upon (a fair portion of society), it would be a constant anxiety to try to hide my tattoo.

Seems ultra-permanent. Who knows, maybe someday I won't be smoking?

Call me conservative, but I don't want any tattoos of anything. I don't want to permanently alter my body in that way. My :2cents:

Hypothetically, if I were to get a tattoo, I would be sure to get it in a place where it could be completely covered, even when wearing very little.

--Fight
  11. Itzamna Itzamna

• Since: Jan 8, 2007
    like woodstock on your ass!
  12. Killerchron Killerchron

• Get ya shine on
    Sorry read the post wrong. Still very average work.
  13. FitShaced FitShaced

• Since: Feb 16, 2004
    Are you kidding, the bong looks bitchin' as i stated before, with good shading and form and whatnot. All the leaf needs is to be thickened up a bit, maybe a little bit of a curve to the leaves, and it would be perfect.
  14. Killerchron Killerchron

• Get ya shine on
    Still its very average work.
  15. ITG ITG

• Ardent Dilettante
    • Since: Nov 19, 2006
    Dude, can you stop ragging on the tat? Even if it's "average work" it's cool looking, and frankly given the proportion of awesome tattoos to bad tattoos I've seen, I'd say average is still pretty bitching. And in any case, what matters is that the person who got it likes it.
  16. DarkWing DarkWing

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    well I am glad I make a good conversation piece,... yes I am going to get the leaf fixed, probably get more tats around that one
    and even if i don't smoke the rest of my life it will be a good memorial.
  17. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    weed tattoos are about as lame as playboy bunny ones, IMHO. i don't take weed smoking NEAR serious enough to get a tattoo of one, i smoke, but i also drink and i'd never get a beer can tattooed on me, or joe camel because i'm a cigarette smoker.

i have my tattoo's basic design, i just need to take it to an artist to get the finishing touches on it, it's basically just a quote from the lewis carroll poem, "Life is but a Dream" from The Hunting of the Snark. . .

but, back on topic (troublemaker's topic) i think that people already take those with tattoos less seriously than others (i'm thinking in terms of the workplace and whatnot) and having a tattoo of a marijuana leaf (or anything of that ilk) will just make people take you that much less seriously. but, that's the nature of the beast i suppose, and the people who choose these things usually are aware of the way that our society will see them after the work is finished... same reason why i have had to cancel upcoming plans for more facial peircings and dreads. i doubt any financial planning firm wants to give an internship to a girl with with a hole through her septum and long dreadlocks, eh? haha.
  18. DarkWing DarkWing

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    in my line of work (service Tech) "customer Service" I make people happy every day and have never been judged for my tats all 7 of them!
    I do take my pot seriously,its almost religious but very seldom drink it is definatly a major conversation piece with those that know me and Iam, worth remembering I thought
    and I just love the tat even though it maybe generic to others
  19. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 18, 2004
    I have two tats, got one when I was 17 ( a shrunken skull - a miltary school thing ) and another at 19 (Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power album cover). Both on the upper body and can't be seen. I would love to get more and prob. will. It won't be pot related, more polar bear and Colo. related. It's a Never Summer Snowboards logo with a bit of a twist (...someday). I have nothing against weed related tats, if thats cool to you, by all means go for it. Although I think it would be a good idea not to have it showing at the workplace , some employers might frown on that.