weed makes my heart race too fast

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by 123kirvin, Apr 4, 2009.

1. 123kirvin 123kirvin

• Since: Apr 2, 2009
    i had smoked weed about 10 times before this day. i was with some of my friends and we smoked about 2 blunts. after we were done i felt my heart racing very very fast. so fast i thought i would actually die. i was freaking out. did i inhale too hard or what. somebody please help me out. i lve weed too much to just give up on it. i have not smopked since that day and that has been about 7 months ago.
  2. Owl Owl

• Since: Apr 3, 2009
    That always happens to me, but it's never really freaked me out...

The very first time I smoked, I thought I was gonna die, but now I know whats normal and whats not. A racing heart is normal, for me at least.

If it's been 7 months, and you want to smoke again, I'd say go a little easy on it. Take a hit or two of some low end stuff, see how you handle it.
  3. puffpuffpass14 puffpuffpass14

• Since: Mar 9, 2009
    yea im pretty sure every ones does if u get to high i kno mine does
  4. Zebra Zebra

• Since: Mar 27, 2009
    2 blunts or 2 joints? Because 2 blunts is kind of a lot, but 2 joints is the right amount. I just smoke a dime and that's good enough for me, not too much but not too little.
  5. TheGoldNugget TheGoldNugget

• Since:
    Weed is SUPPOSE to make ur heart go faster; notice everytime that your smoking, ur heart rate is faster. It's totally normal, you won't die or anything, don't worry bout it. ;)
    It's because u inhale smoke instead of oxygen, so the heart go faster cuz u breathe less oxygen.
  6. meet the decline meet the decline

• Since: Feb 9, 2009
    if your heart was racing really really fast, you thought you were gonna die, and you were freaking out, it sounds like a panic attack.
    and it's gonna keep happening because you already have it in the back of your mind that it will happen next time you smoke, get what i'm saying?
    i used to get a panic attack EVERY TIME i smoked pot. but i don't anymore since i learned what was actually happening.

emedicinehealth:

Panic attacks are frightening but fortunately physically harmless episodes. They can occur at random or after a person is exposed to various events that may "trigger" a panic attack. They peak in intensity very rapidly and go away with or without medical help.
    • People experiencing panic attacks may fear they are dying, that they are suffocating, or that they are having a heart attack. They may voice fears that they are "going crazy" and seek to remove themselves from whatever situation they may be in.
    • Some people may begin breathing very rapidly and complain that their "hearts are jumping around in their chest." Then, within about an hour, the symptoms fade away.
    • About 5% of the population will experience panic attacks during their lifetimes. People who have repeated attacks require further evaluation from a mental health professional. Panic attacks can indicate the presence of panic disorder, depression, or other forms of anxiety-based illnesses.
    "All of a sudden, I felt a tremendous wave of fear for no reason at all. My heart was pounding, my chest hurt, and it was getting harder to breathe. I thought I was going to die."

"I'm so afraid. Every time I start to go out, I get that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach and I'm terrified that another panic attack is coming or that some other, unknown terrible thing was going to happen."