Welcome to bizzaro world...

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Comatose, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Comatose Comatose

• Since: Oct 18, 2003
    Alright...At my job, everyone there knows I smoke (there's only like 10 employees). Most of my coworkers are former stoners and high school kids, so they're all cool/accepting of it. I made a little agreement with my managers that I'd keep my smoking at home and not come to work blazed. Further, I think it would suck to be at this job high as sh!t because I have to deal with people (retail store).

So, here I am today. I wake up at noon and - since I'm not scheduled to work - immediately wake and bake myself off the planet.

At about 1:30 my manager calls me asking if I can come in for a couple hours. Since he knows my habits anyway, I tell him I can come in, but I'm totally blazed and basically useless to mankind.

He's like, "****...Well, I guess I don't care if you can still make it here. We've got shipment so you can just stay in the back and unpack stuff."

That's cool with me...Won't have to deal with anyone and unloading boxes is a pretty mindless task.

Being the stoner I am, I simply left my apartment after that. No visine, no cologne, no nothing. Oops...I show up completely blasted (visually and smell) and I think a couple customer-people noticed...I glanced at my eyes in a mirror I passed, and it looked like I was squinting.

Anyway, I walk up to my manager and clock in. He looks at me for a second and just says, "Dude, just stay in the back, please... you can go home at 4:00."

I give him a nod and hit the back room. Holy hell...Rather than simply unpackaging a couple boxes, it turns out we had like forty boxes of shipment left untouched in a huge stack in the back of the store.

Blah blah, fast forward through the lame work descriptions...I got out of there around 4:00 and managed to make it back home to celebrate 4:20.

I think it all went fairly well, though...No one bothered me in the back and I didn't get to look like a dumbass infront of them. It was a little scary at first, but things turned out pretty smooth once I got "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" (the Postal Service) out of my head and managed to focus.

Also, a little extra cash on the paycheck never hurts, either...
  2. homemadebubbler homemadebubbler

• Always bubblin'
    • Since: Jun 2, 2005
    Haha. Nice. Just sitting there unpacking boxes while totally blitzed :D

I need to get a job.
  3. THC Fiend THC Fiend

• Wonko the Sane
    • Since: Oct 23, 2005
    In bizarro world, those forty boxes would have been filled with weed that was subsequently given to you because the manager had no use for it. I gave my boss my drug dealer's bank account to skip out the middle person...namely, me.
  4. imported_jdude imported_jdude

• Since: Dec 8, 2005
    Nice, you pulled through; and plus you will talk about that for a while to come with friends and ****, it actually sounded like somewhat of a fun experience
  5. Comatose Comatose

It's funny you mention that...All the while I was unpacking stuff, every so often there would be smaller boxes inside the larger ones. I kept thinking how sweet it would be to stumble upon my job's secret drug-trafficking operation while I was all stoned and junk.

Open up a box and find a pound or something...I'd quit school and work there full time.
  6. Lee Lee

• Since: Jun 18, 2002
    i used to work at a hippy shop. so i would have been smoking a bowl while unpacking all of those boxes:D retail is actually pretty fun to work, cuz when i did it i got to run the whole store on my own, and its only cool people that come in. well, there is the occassional weird guy who feels the need to tell you his/her life story and growing up in the 60's. oh well.

later:wave:
  7. Comatose Comatose

Happend again tonight...Only this time, I didn't work in the back.

Same story at first...Called in while I was blasted, told my manager, he didn't care (again) so he asked if I could come in anyway (again).

That was insane...I spent the first two hours of the evening avoiding customer-people and any one of my coworkers that looked like they might ask me a question. It was like a game...My survival was based on taking cover and getting to places while remaining unnoticed (kinda like Splinter Cell, I guess...without the killing).

The funny part was that my manager decided to tell my coworkers I was blazed and they kept repeating questions, saying things strangely (stretching syllabols, etc) and stuff...tryin to trip me up and whatnot. Those bastards.

I'll get my payback, though. You don't make fun of an innocent stoner who was just trying to enjoy a day off and get away with it. :)