what being high feels like

Discussion in 'Books' started by Stoned_Stoner, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Stoned_Stoner Stoned_Stoner

• Since: Apr 23, 2007
    lol I found a book my dad had from the 60s about weed i liked this quote;

Being high is one of the most pleasant sensations available to mankind. Every day is Saturday. It is to be like a child; to perceive events with clarity; to look into the gates of paradise; to completely enjoy whatever you might be doing; to smile so hard that your jaw muscles get tired. Being high is to laugh at the silliest things; to understand things that have seemed absurd before; to have the aloofness of a cat; to afford a kinship with god. To be intoxicated with marihuana makes every superlative seem within your grasp. Being high makes life seem terribly good. Being high is simply grand.
    16 people like this.
  2. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    haha i dig that man.
  3. tennis shoesas tennis shoesas

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    lol ima have to steal that phrase
  4. fuzzyninja fuzzyninja

• Lounge Lizard
    • Since: Feb 19, 2007
    Everyone against marijuana should read this paragraph sometime in their lifetime.
    1 people like this.
  5. B - Unit B - Unit

• Since: Feb 4, 2006
    amen brotha :og:
  6. Leighton Leighton

• Since: May 28, 2007
    Hell yeah!
  7. copsh copsh

• Since: May 26, 2007
    I am so jeleous of people who can put this into words so well.

Fucking good find man!
  8. wem511 wem511

• Since: Jun 12, 2007
    stoned stoner, does the book say who the person is that said that quote?
  9. Stoned_Stoner Stoned_Stoner

• Since: Apr 23, 2007
    It was probably John Rosevear it doesn't say it was anyone else and he wrote the book, its name is Pot
  10. Ler Ler

• Since: Aug 7, 2007
    That is a fantastic quote, it describes being high better than I ever could.
  11. Richi Richi

• CB1 receptor agonist
    • Since: Dec 21, 2004
    I like it. ;)
  12. Canadian~Bakin Canadian~Bakin

• Since: Jul 8, 2007
    Man... its too fucking true. My friends have always told me that when I get high, I get the personality of a 7 year old boy (I'm a girl!). I laugh at stupid jokes, pull pranks on my friends, act impulsively, eat ice cream, catch rain drops on my tongue and stick out my arms and spin in circles.
    Whats not to love? :p
    1 people like this.
  13. Syed Haider Syed Haider

• Since: May 28, 2008
    It doesn't make you euphoric like x, but calmer and more appreciative to smaller details. The mind is not 'wasted' the way it is from alcohol; it does not create any illusions: it 'plays' things in fast forward and slow motion, oscillating between the two states. Its like watching a movie playing from your brain and you can control it. Sometimes you cant tell if you said something or only thought about it. It gives a weird tingling sensation in your arms, hands, legs, eyes: it is impossible to blink your eyes when high, and they are bloodshot. Bursting into laughter is easy. Gives you the munchies.

A word of caution: dont drive, walk on a busy road when high.
  14. allenlovesgreen allenlovesgreen

• Subscriber
    • Since: Jun 26, 2008
    totally agree!!!
  15. imFADED imFADED

• Since: Jun 12, 2008
    That is probably the greatest explanation I have ever heard about the experience of being high. Needless to say he nailed it right on the nose :angel:
  16. allenlovesgreen allenlovesgreen

• Subscriber
    totally agreee!!!
  17. dodge69874 dodge69874

• Since: Jul 9, 2008
    my first pot smoking experience

wow. you describe it pretty good. i got high for the first time yesterday and i completely freaked out. first i was just angry at my friend 'cause he sold me that weed and all i was feeling was a burning sensation in my throat. but then i started feeling what i thought were ants on my legs and then i spaced out for what felt like an hour. then i would feel things moving backwards away from me, like my friend. long story short, i felt all numb and it felt like i was watching myself do things in the first person. like some sort of dream. i didn't feel myself thinking about what i was doing, i would just see myself do things or hear myself say things. its like living a dream out and then when u wake up the next day things from your dreams have actually happened and things you saw in your dream are actually there. i can honestly say that was the freakiest experience ever, i will never smoke weed again, and i don't recommend it at all.
  18. imFADED imFADED

• Since: Jun 12, 2008
    Nevertheless, you could not stop yourself from registering at Marijuana.com.
  19. dodge69874 dodge69874

• Since: Jul 9, 2008
    yeah, i did. i wanted to see if other people felt like i did when they got high. thats why i looked up what being high feels like on google. i got nothing against people getting high. you guys go ahead, just as long as you keep that stuff away from me. i'll keep hanging out with my friend who sold me that stuff and smoked some with me but i'll never gonna get high with him or be around him when he's high again.
  20. allenlovesgreen allenlovesgreen

• Subscriber
    You should at least try it one more time.
    I'm pretty sure you don't know what being high feels like because you have only done it once.
    Yea we will keep on tokin' lol.
    AllenLG:angel:
    1 people like this.