What can I do to smoke and NOT get the munchies??

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by ssj3gotenks, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ssj3gotenks ssj3gotenks

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Hey yall,

What are some things I could do to avoid getting the munchies?

If I get high, and go a couple hours and continue to not eat while just getting the munchies, i get this uneasy feeling in my stomach (mild stomach ache). But when I eat a lot, i'm still hungry for more, and more, and more.

I'm really trying to keep my weight down. Any ideas?
  2. vern vern

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    Eat some food before you smoke. After your done smoking drink some water or a preferred beverage to stay hydrated.
  3. Dank Perception Dank Perception

• 4TheLULZ!
    • Since: Nov 9, 2006
    Drink a lot of water, brush your teeth.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Eat before you smoke. Then, when you get the munchies, you know that you're not really hungry and can just ignore them. Filling up on water is a good idea.

I never get the munchies anymore. Maybe 40 years of smoking has taught me not to.
  5. Broliette Broliette

• ~~~_\|/_~~~
    • Since: May 26, 2007
    I'd have to agree with the fluids. Make sure you hydrate your body lots; especially while you smoke. Many times we think our body is hungry (smoking or not) and eat while our body is really telling us that it's thirsty.

I find that if I drink lots of water and juice I'm not so apt to eat when I smoke regardless if I eat before or not.

And if I may suggest, don't drink pop. A friend of mine who had gastric bypass couldn't drink pop after the surgery because the carbonation would bloat the stomach and also make them feel hungry. So it would just work against you if you had the munchies :)
    :2cents:
  6. THC Fiend THC Fiend

• Wonko the Sane
    • Since: Oct 23, 2005
    Pick up a stick of celery.
  7. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Vitamin Water has been praised a lot lately from my female friends who say that it fills them up and stops the munchies.

It has 400% of your daily Vitamin C. Try not to overdose!
  8. blondie0420 blondie0420

• Locks of Gold
    • Since: Sep 1, 2005
    Overdose? Is that possible? I drink like 4 bottles of Vitamin Water a day.

Also, in reference to the OP's question, I find that munchies are more a psychosomatic problem than anything. You get high, you're feeling good and munching on junk food, and then all the sudden you've eaten an entire pie and you still feel hungry. It's not an empty stomach that's making you feel hungry. If you want to avoid getting the munchies, just don't eat when you're high or use a little self control when you eat. Don't gorge yourself on junk food everytime you get high. Better to down a bag of baby carrots than an entire bag of chips.
  9. Jake Jake

Well I don't know. But you're drinking like 16 times the amount of vitamin C that is recommended .
  10. ongbak666 ongbak666

• Since: Sep 3, 2007
    it is impossible for your body to overdose on or have too much of Vitamin C (Citric Acid). The recommended daily value is misleading and outdated... one can take 1000% of the daily value or more, and it is just metabolized into the body. Some vitamins should be taken in moderation, but Vitamin C is not one of them.
  11. nerphroll nerphroll

Vitamin C in excess (super super excess) can promote the formation of kidney stones. But that's pretty atypical.

How to beat the munchies? Create a diversion..play with the cat...have sex...I like the brush your teeth idea someone gave earlier...play with yourself. Or just surround yourself with fruit.
  12. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    ya just go with plenty of fluids and eat befor would be the only way i could think of
  13. teog teog

• Since: Oct 20, 2005
    eat before you get stoned nothing works better
  14. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Tape up photos of rotting, fly-covered, mutilated, baby corpses. :D
  15. Dank Perception Dank Perception

• 4TheLULZ!
    • Since: Nov 9, 2006
    That's honestly probably the only thing that would work for me... Screw eating before... I'll just end up eating the same amount of munchies after I get high, that I usually do when I don't eat beforehand.
  16. blazinglitoralis blazinglitoralis

• Since: Sep 15, 2007
    eat protein bars. i get crazy munchies and these south beach diet protein bars my mom buys get me so satisfied. the peanut butter ones arent that bad although your mouth gets real sticky and dry so have some water around.
  17. gabz gabz

• Banned
    • Since: Sep 17, 2007
    Hydrate and stay occupied............
  18. osirisX osirisX

• Since: Sep 19, 2007
    Rice, and water.

The water (or tea or whatever) keeps you full and hydrated, minimizing hunger pangs. And rice is a zero fat, low calorie food that's dirt cheap and super easy to make. It's the ultimate pot food for me.

At approximately 240 calories per cooked cup of white rice, you could pretty much eat as much as you wanted, and not gain any weight...since most people can't eat more than 2 or 3 cups in a day. It's also convenient that pot makes food taste better, which never hurts when you're eating rice! ;)