What does marijunana look like?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Ghoast, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Ghoast Ghoast

• Since: Nov 24, 2009
    Okay, so I really shouldn't have to ask this question but it's got to that stage.
    Okay so I smoke quite a lot of weed so obviously I know what it looks like but please can you answer the following questions:

1.When shine a bright light on to one of the buds, there are about 7-10 places around the bud where the light is reflected and there is a tiny little sparkle as something reflects the light. There are only about 7 or 10 places on the outside of the bud that sparkle - IS THIS NORMAL? Does thc ever sparkle when light is shon on it?

2. When I tear half of the bud in half there are small sparkly bits the entire way through it seems. They are absolutely tiny, you can't actually see what it is but you CAN see the sparkle with the naked eye. When I used a maginfying glass on it I still could not see what it was but I could definitely tell there are sparkles present. There aren't that many either, they are pretty spread out.. IS this normal?

3. When I actually rolled up a joint of the stuff and smoked it, it tasted fine, smelt strongly of skunk when burned and didn't irritate my throat noticibly or anything like that. I got a buzz off it too, I smoke quite a lot of weed and I was a normal amount stoned after the spliff like normal - I can't tell anything is bad by smoking it.

4. When I put it in my grinder and grind it up there is a hell of a lot of what looks like keif that is produced but a lot more that I would have thought would be produced. I tipped this powder on to a white surface and analysed it with a magnifying glass. It showed up to have a few sparkles in it too. But there were only like 6 tiny tiny sparkly things in the whole powder. Is this normal?

5. When I scratch a bud with my nail it is VERY dry and it will crumble into more of this dust. Is this normal?

Basically does this sound like normal weed to you? Does your weed occasionally sparkle?

I have no idea because I never examined the buds so closely before.

When I smoke the weed, the ash seems to be normal and isn't very oily like I've heard is the case from other types of contaminates.

So please answer my questions!
  2. Ghoast Ghoast

Okay so I just found this:

#7 Does it sparkle? Put the herb under the natural sunlight, and look at it up close. (Indoors, a bright light will suffice.) Is it sparkly, like a jewel? This is a great sign. Those sparkles are the resin glands, and that's where the magic happens!
    Many people mistakenly assume that very white herb is very crystally. Not true. All that white stuff is mostly stalks, and they don't contain THC! Look at a white bud in the sunlight and notice if it sparkles. Probably not much. This is why I'm not a fan of the White Widow line of strains.

I guess it's fine as this was my main worry.. I was like WHY THE FUCK is my weed sparkling..
  3. Lukeaxx Lukeaxx

• Since: Aug 20, 2009
    The white widow line of strains are nice and strong though :)

And yes as the guy above said - sparkles are a wonderful thing :)
  4. Ghoast Ghoast

mmmm, what exactly do the sparkles look like?
  5. Hick727 Hick727

• Since: Dec 22, 2009
    i heard that some dealers put tiny glass balls on the bud to make it really sparkle. If you get that stuff your probably gonna fuck up your lungs
  6. xxxMarijuanaxxx xxxMarijuanaxxx

• Since: Apr 21, 2009
    If your smoking "weed" that dosent sparkle with THC cystals then it's probaly really shifty weed or some one got over on you.
  7. Lukeaxx Lukeaxx

They look like tiny miniature diamonds :) That sparkle in the light, like little gems.
    1 people like this.
  8. Ghoast Ghoast

Yup, that's what this looks like. I ground it up and put some of the dust that was left in the grinder on to a piece of white surface. Then I got some light on it and my magnifying glass. I could find about 4 or 5 little sparkly bits amongst the powder. There was quite a bit of powder so it was very spread out. Then on a little leaf(bud leaf) there were like 3 sparkly bits.

Also do you guys end up with dust or powder at the bottom of your eighth or quarter ounce bags? I checked thru all the bags and there is a cream coloured( between white and yellow and brown) powder residue that sticks to the side of the bags.

I know that keif can be collected sometimes but I would have thought that it wouldn't just fall off the buds. I normally get like 5 buds and topped up with shake in a score.

Getting some home grown hopefully tomorrow so I wont have to worry but it's expensive as hell.. I've been quoted 1.6 grams for £20 if I want non-sprayed homegrown. Otherwise it's going to be a trip to the hospital soon..

I've heard that this contaminated shit is even being sold in COFFEESHOPS! IN Amsterdam.. now that's ridiculous.

Here's a video you guys might be interested in:

You see that bud looks pretty normal. In fact the pic where he's like does this look good? I'm like yeah my shit at the moment looks EXACTLY like that and that shit is thought of as pretty good around here..

Hope this makes some of you double check!
  9. newpotmoker newpotmoker

• Since: Jul 5, 2009
    1. Those are called Trichromes. They are pure THC. Its a very good sign when you find these on your bud. You should be happy that they are there.

2. Yes as stated above.

3. This isent your normal weed its of a better grade then the stuff u smoke which means it contains more THC and looks and smells wayyy better then the regs u get. The more THC(This gets you high) the better, and in better bud theres always more, which means you have to smoke less thats why its so expensive when you want the good stuff.

4. yes it is. Its infact keif and smoking about a bowl of this would get you really messed up, its pretty much pure THC(keif is). The reason theres more is again because its better bud then what your use to.

5. Yes it is, although its not to good of a sign from what i can tell you still got some good bud so i wouldent be worried about this aspect of the bud.

It is infact some weed but of a better grade what some people call KB bud.

Not sure about what your saying about the ash sorry. Hope this helps tho. :)
  10. jakspar0w jakspar0w

• Tak!
    • Since: Feb 9, 2009
    haha, cause it's a vampire from twilight!
  11. Lukeaxx Lukeaxx

That was my exact feeling when I watched that:

"wait... why the fuck is he sparkling!"

Don't get me started on how much of an insult that movie is to vampire drama >.>

I won't go off-topic though :)

THC Crystals - niiice
    Kief - niiiice
    Contaminated Bud - baaaad, but it's not like it isn't hard to identify, you'd know while smoking it if it was contaminated.
  12. FunkySkunky FunkySkunky

• Gentille, allouette
    • Since: Dec 31, 2007

"Can't do nothin' but look at it... why's it sparklin' then!?! WHY'S IT SPARKLIN!?"

*DISCLAIMER: If the word "nigga" offends you, then Katt Williams will not be funny. But I think this is the most hilarious weed stand up everrrrr.

PS it is always a good idea to vaporize or smoke through a water device if you fear your bud is contaminated. Both will disallow any contaminants to reach your mouth. Vape through a bong, FOR THE WIN!
    1 people like this.
  13. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    Take a small bud and burn it directly with a lighter, if you see it sparkle as it glows it could have been sprayed with sugar solution. That is the most common contamination that I've seen.