What Exactly Is Hash?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by WeedWacker91, Oct 21, 2008.

1. WeedWacker91 WeedWacker91

• Since: Sep 17, 2008
    What is hash? Ive seen it in movies etc, and a friend of mine bought some a while ago for himself. I think he ate it...

I have seen it in movies, and on t.v (trailer park boys hahaha) but what exactly is it? I think I heard it is pre-burned weed. But whats the point of that? Is there still THC in it? Is it a better high?
  2. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    Use the search function next time, I'm sure I have sen a thread like this before.

Hash is made by collecting kief (all the dust that gathers on your fingers when you are splitting up weed) which is than compressed and cooked in an oven. It turns into a light brown brick. You heat it up with a lighter to crumble it before smoking. It is very strong and you need less to get stoned.
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Hash is a substance composed of the compressed trichomes from cannabis plants. The trichomes are the "crystals" you see on the outside of good buds. The trichomes are separated from the other plant material by one of several methods, both wet and dry. They're sticky with resin, so it's fairly easy to compress them into patties, blocks, or cakes.

I have never heard of baking it in an oven. I know that you can make hash without it.
  4. dirtbomb dirtbomb

• Hippie
    • Since: Sep 1, 2008
    Different kinds come in different colors as well.
    Pakistani Hash tends to be a nice Charcoal Black. Lebanese is various shades of Gold and Brown.
    Indian hand rubbed Charas is occasionally too pretty to think about smoking.:)
    All of them will get you incredibly wasted.
    The only caveat, is that the good stuff is almost impossible to find these days, due to political upset in most of the places that make it.
  5. WeedWacker91 WeedWacker91

• Since: Sep 17, 2008
    Alright, cool. Thanks guys!

Whats the best way to smoke it? (Or eat it?)
  6. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I actually vaporize mine. In fact, I'm vaporizing some right now. :)
    1 people like this.
  7. FunkySkunky FunkySkunky

• Gentille, allouette
    • Since: Dec 31, 2007
    As Vicki said, vaporizing will get the most out of it. It's also acceptable to break it up finely, roll it in a joint with tobacco or more marijuana, and it's also common to smoke hash alone in a water pipe or other smoking device with a screen in the bowl as to keep the hash in the bowl and not suck it into the water. Basically, you can smoke it however you want as long as you can handle the smoke:eek:.:D
    1 people like this.
  8. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    What I liked about hash was the fact that you could get high on a piece about the size of a grain of rice. Other than that, I greatly prefer the taste and aroma of good bud. The weed I'm getting these days is so good that I have no desire for a more concentrated cannabis product.
    1 people like this.
  9. Kure Kron 253 Kure Kron 253

• Since: Oct 24, 2008
    I smoked about 2g out of a bong at hempfest and i was cheeched. I'd recommend that
  10. BigZeuce BigZeuce

• Since: Oct 5, 2008
    The best way is to put it on top of a bowl, yuor hash will last way longer ang it will make you Bud taste so Premium