What is a Dime Bag?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by MinnesotaMan, Jan 25, 2004.

1. MinnesotaMan MinnesotaMan

• Since: Jan 24, 2004
    I always used to think that a dime bag was a $10 bag of weed. Last week my friend asked for a dime and the dealer charged him $25 for it. Is it a 1/10?
  2. IAmTheWalrus212 IAmTheWalrus212

• Since: May 5, 2003
    Hey Minnesota man! WElcome to CHepatalk! Glad to have you here!!!

A dimebag, as far as I know, is 10 bucks wroth of weeD!!! now that could be like a couple grams or like a tiny bit DEPENDING ON QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think its 10 bucks worth.

:D stay happy, and welcome to CHEAPTALK!!!!!
  3. imported_Rugbee imported_Rugbee

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 18, 2002
    A dime bag is a slang word for a $10 bag for schwag.
    A Dub is slang for a 20 gram (.1) of chronic.
    You’re friend probably paid 20 for a Dub and added on the extra 5 bucks for scoring it.

BtwWelcome to Cheap talk
  4. WNB WNB

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Feb 9, 2003
    Well, back when I lived in Minnesota, in south Minneapolis, a dimebag of KB usually meant half an eighth, which is $25. But in most places, a dimebag is a $10 bag.

"I remember when a dimebag used to cost a dime."
  5. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Some people (unfortunately) think a dime bag is a gram, but most everyone will agree a dime bag is $10 worth of weed. In terms of quality bud, that's .5 gram, in terms of schwag, depends I guess. A dub or $20 sac is like the name implies, $20 worth of weed. In terms of quality bud, that's a gram, in terms of schwag, that's up to the dealer.
  6. paut paut

• Since: Jan 25, 2004
    My friends and I went down for a little trip in Brownsville and scored a ounce and half for $20 but we had to smoke it all.

In less than twelve hours.

yay
  7. SkinnyP SkinnyP

• Since: Sep 30, 2002
    A dime is either $10 of rip or 1/16th of pot.
  8. innervision311 innervision311

• Since: Jul 12, 2003
    Am I the only person who has never heard of anyone buying or selling a dimebag in real life? I've only seen eigths, quarters, halfs and so on...

But I always thought a dime bag was just a gram and a nickel bag was half a gram.
  9. imported_Rugbee imported_Rugbee

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 18, 2002
    The slang word dime came from the currency dime. Back in the old day’s people would not want to mention anything about drugs or prices over the phone so they would use the slang “Dime, as in: Hey Joe, wasup, do you have a dime. The word can be taking as if he was asking for a regular currency type dime. It is just an expression.
    A dime bag is $10 worth of weed. That is why they call it a dime bag< meaning $10 worth of weed. If you were to buy chronic and someone said: hey, wasup do you want to buy a gram,, well in that case, a gram is a gram. (.1) “Gram is not a slang word” it is weight. Another slang word for a gram is “Dub” the Slang Dub came from whole sale dealers would sell Grams for $10 to another dealers that bought in large quantity’s so they could Dub< Double there profit. BTW Grams sell for $20 .
  10. imported_Ilúvatar imported_Ilúvatar

• Where is my mind...
    • Since: Apr 10, 2002
    terms for weed are different for every town; hell, there different for every group of smokers. where I'm from a dime is ten dollars worth of weed. unfortunately, this doesn't mean how much weed is in the dime bag. for my favorite dealer, a dime bag is 10 bucks for 2-3 grams. its shwag, but its good shwag. my other dealer (who i don't like, but go to if I can't get it from my other dealer) sells a dime bag for 10 dollars for a gram. Its the same pot, but that's what a dime bag is to him. basically enough to fill those little "jewelry" bags.

And from where I'm from, a dub refers to an 1/8 of pot. which for my first dealer is 3.5 to 5 grams. (he throws in the extra gram or two if its seedy and/or has lots of stems. for the other dealer, its just three grams.

every dealer is different, some are in it to basically make enough money so they can smoke for free, and others are in it to make as much money as they can. try to stay away from the second one ;)
  11. Snipe*Star Snipe*Star

• Since:
    around here a dub is 20 bucks worht of weed, about 4 or 5 grams (under a quarter by a couple grams)

a dime is half of that lol 2 - 3 grams of weed,
  12. matthewXmagical matthewXmagical

• Since: Feb 12, 2010
    I always get my dimes for $10 and they weigh 1.5g for sure.
  13. awd4g63 awd4g63

• Since: May 24, 2008
    A dime is $10 of bud. Quality determines how much you actually get for that 10 bucks. Around here in south GA, you'd net 0.5g of some finer bud, or 1.0 or a little more for mids. It's just never enough though, is it :)

Sorry to beat a dead horse, by the way.
  14. lxcarnagelx lxcarnagelx

• Since: Jul 12, 2009
    a dime bag in Toronto is 10 bucks and u get 1 gram, hopefully a fat baggie tho :p
  15. co0lk1ll co0lk1ll

• Since: Nov 8, 2009
    A dime bag is 3.5 grams of anything but crippy. Typical crippy prices are 60 dollars for 3.5 grams, which would be a dime, or also called an eighth.
  16. buddlydoright buddlydoright

• Since: Mar 25, 2010
    actually I believe the word "dub" came from the hood. Where as the word "dub" in the hood means 20" wheels. So a gram costs $20 so they just changed it to "dub".

Oh and these guys saying there have never seen anything less then a 16th haha lol. I guess you haven't been into weed that long. When I was young you really didn't have the selection of weed you do no-a-days. So I bought shwag(it was surprisingly better back then). So a nickle was a 5 sack(or half of a dime so 1.75). It also(still does) used to come in little baggies so you would know. The dealers didn't really weigh that stuff because they sold so much of it, so pretty much they would just eye it. I know only buy nugs so I buy in 8th or more. But in reality a "8th" and a "dime" are the same exact weight just nugs are usually classified as 8ths and shwag is classified as a dime.
  17. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    :rolleyes: No...a dime bag is ten dollars woirth of marijuana, regardless of quality or quantity. An 1/8th is called an 1/8th, not a "dimebag" and does indeed weigh 3.5 grams. NO ONE I know has EVER referred to 3.5 gram bags as "dimes". Your terminology is seriously flawed and very confusing.
    2 people like this.
  18. k_semler k_semler

• Since: Dec 1, 2009
    20 sack= appx 1.77g. (never ordered one, I buy 8th's or QO's). 10 sack = 0.885g. When I get shit in, since people who I "distribute" to are friends, I sell for cost. I won't ever short-change them, but if I'm too lazy to get exact, I will sell a 20 sack weighing 1.91g using the line, "Fuck it. I'll give you a bonus."
  19. MagicBuddha714 MagicBuddha714

• Since: May 19, 2009
    Where I'm from a dime bag means 10 bucks worth of weed which is usually .5 of a gram, while a dub of weed is a gram and depending on the quality which is worth about 20 bucks.
  20. Aerodin Aerodin

• Since: Oct 30, 2009
    We don't use these terms in Holland. But what i do know is that if u spend a certain amount of money, lets say, 10 bucks on weed, it really depends on the type of strain for how much weed you get.

For example, if you get a 10 euro bag of silver, you get a bit more than a 10 euro bag of bubbles, cus bubbles is stronger and harder to grow decently.