What is good quality weed???

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by AlexAwesome3, Oct 7, 2008.

1. AlexAwesome3 AlexAwesome3

• Since: Oct 4, 2008
    I've only smoked once, and I sure as hell am going to do it again soon, but seriously, what is good quality weed? A lot of people on the forum talk about good quality weed and bad quality. How do I know if the weed I'm getting is good or bad?

Also, is there a difference in the high that you get with "good" or "bad" weed?
  2. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    After you've bought some bags, you'll figure it out.

Nice bud looks nicer than not-so-nice bud. It's usually greener, there are sometimes visible THC crystals all over it. There are usually a lot more red hairs. Even though marijuana exists on a scale, when you talk about dealing and buying weed, you're pretty much just talking about "middies or kind bud." A lot of weed falls in between "good" and "bad" and you as a smoker will have to discover what is the norm in your area, and at what prices you're getting ripped off.
  3. mizzOe mizzOe

• Since: Apr 28, 2007
    Northern Lights buddy.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Weed differs in potency and in effect.

If you can get high on a couple of hits, then you've got some potent weed. If you smoke a whole joint and hardly feel anything, not so much. Smoking a little potent weed usually provides a better high than smoking a lot of low-potency weed. You might get the same amount of THC into your system either way, but the amount of other chemicals in the weak weed tend to detract from the experience.

There are two primary varieties of marijuana, Sativas and Indicas. These exist as pure strains and a rainbow of hybrids. Sativas tend to give you a cerebral high with lots of energy. Indicas tend to give you a body stone that makes you want to sit on the couch all night. Hybrids will be somewhere inbetween.

It's not graven in stone, but seedless weed tends to be more potent than seeded weed. It's made seedless by getting rid of all the male plants that might fertilize the females. That way, the females expend their energy making resin (most concentrated THC) instead of seeds (no THC). Seedless weed will often be coated with resin "crystals" called "trichomes".
    2 people like this.
  5. Hairy_Pothead_RN Hairy_Pothead_RN

• Since: Sep 5, 2008
    Just the name Northern Lights make me salivate! Essentially Buzzby gave you a very good description of quality weed. generally if you are dealing with an honest dealer you should be able to know the quality of weed by the way it looks, smells, and the price of course. The price of any weed will vary from region to region and reflects on the supply and demand rule. In MI. I can usually get 1/8th of schwag or average weed for 20$ on the opposite side I will pay as much as 75$ for an 1/8th of weed that dreams are made of. My advice is to get out and experiment. Find out what gets your groove on.
  6. Mikeebud Mikeebud

• Since: Sep 17, 2008

Exactly, It's kind of hard to tell you, Only the experience road Will tell you of what you personally find bad quality weed and good quality.

It's easy to say, Shawg as bad and kush as good.

But Were all different, Some of us might consider shawg as mids. And kush as high end, and some might be different. As i said, Only time will tell you.
  7. eaglez771 eaglez771

• Since: Sep 10, 2008
    Well if your just starting out, its probably gonna be pretty tough to tell what's good and whats not. If i was you, I would ask a couple of people at school or some of your friends about the kind of weed they get. Try a few different dealers out if you can and see what you like.
  8. str8dank str8dank

• Since: May 8, 2008
    yeah you will figure it out, but just as a guideline if it is light green, has red hairs, smells like heaven, has no seeds at all, and cost more than the other weed that your dealer has there is a very very good chance that you are getting high quality bud.
  9. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Or dark green, or blue, or purple...

Or orange hairs, or brown hairs, or purple hairs...

Or smells like skunk, nutmeg, blueberries, bubblegum, pine, oranges...

The best way to find out it's quality is to take a trial toke or two before you buy. If you get off on one hit, buy lots of it!
  10. Mousesmom Mousesmom

• Since: Oct 8, 2008
    I have to disagree about the no seeds, and costing more. Recently had some stuff that was supposed to be "chronic" NOT! I haven't seen excellent quality in over 10 years. Grew some once back in MI but that was well over 20 yrs ago. I have had schwank that messed you up totally, I would have to say in todays market its a coin toss at times.
    By the by, what is this legal bud stuff? How can it be legal and any good? Anyone know cuz I haven't heard of this before. Bud is illegal, unless its medical.
  11. Mousesmom Mousesmom

had a freind say one time...if you choke on it, its good. Any thoughts on that comment?
  12. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Today's market offers more variety and better quality strains than have ever been availblebpreviously. Its not a coin toss at all, if you have honest reliable dealers. I've never once bought "chronic" and had it end up being poor quality. While I've scored the occasional bag of "good" schwag, more often than not, the difference betrween good qulaity weed and schwag is readily appearent, by looks, by smell, by taste, and most certainly by effect. If you haven't seen excellent weed in 10 years, its a matter of YOUR supply, and not the overall availbility of quality weed in today's market.

http://www.marijuana.com/art-photography/65378-post-your-buds-kif-joints-blunts-hash.html
    This is representative of the quality weed thats availble to many of us. While some is obviously lower quality than others, you can see the forum members here have no problem scoring quality weed throughout the world, espcially it seems in the US and Canada. Quite frankly, looking at your location, I cannot BELIEVE you can't get decent weed there. Fort Collins, Colorado is literally a weed paradise I've found. I've scored the FINEST herb I've smoked there, and knowing all of maybe 5 people in the city, I found a hookup almost instantly for top notch bud. If you are having toruble finding good quality weed in Colorado, you aren't looking very hard at all......Its everywhere! I mean, Ft Collins, for a city of its size, has an amazing pot subculture. It has a growshop or two, a restraunt called Cheba Hut, and 5 headshops.....those kinds of businesses don't survive let alone thrive in areas where theres not a market for their products.
    1 people like this.
  13. Mousesmom Mousesmom

While this may be true in Ft. Collins, I am going by my past experience not only here, in SC and in Mi. True it depends on the supplier and their availability of top notch stuff. My reply was intended for the "young" crowd who thing that just because its light green and skunky its "chronic" and charge an arm and leg for it. I did not mean to offend you, sorry if I did. Don't know you or how old you are, but I come from a time when everything you could get you hands on for a ridiciously low price was what todays youth calls "chronic". Sadly those days are long gone and more than often you find stuff that is referred to as schwank that will do the job, but is not what I fondly refer to as "get stupid" stuff. I have seen more stuff that people think is get stupid but sadly is not.
    as for the Ft. Collins area, couldn't tell you and don't plan on driving over 70 miles to search for it. If I knew someone up there then maybe I would, but I don't. Being new to the Springs I do not have good connections as of yet, only been here 2 months.
    Sorry I put you on the defense and made you or what seemed to make you angry, get over it dude! and move on. Life is way too short to get pissy over comments.
  14. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Try using the search feature. There are dozens of existing threads on the subject (because dozens of people didn't bother to search first).
  15. Bahama Dreamz Bahama Dreamz

• Since: Oct 25, 2005
    I have had some stuff one time looked good smelled good but when you smoked it ,,,,, nothin... but besides that very rare occurrence i think it is all in personal taste.
  16. Meursault Meursault

• Since: Feb 5, 2007
    There are many varying factors when trying to determine high quality weed, but the easiest way is that if it has a lot of crystals on it. The shiny white stuff on the buds is called THC, which is what gets you stoned.

[IMG]

There is a close up of white widow buds, which will be the best you ever smoke if you're lucky enough to find it.
  17. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    The shiny white stuff on the buds is called "trichomes". Trichomes contain cannabis resin. Cannabis resin contains THC and more than 50 other cannabinoids.
    1 people like this.