What kind of weed is there?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by PolishPablo, Mar 13, 2011.

1. PolishPablo PolishPablo

• Since: Feb 17, 2011
    So I asked my friend if he can get me weed. He said what kind. I said what kind can you get. he said all kinds. So I just asked how much for reg and kush.

What kind of weed is there? What the difference? (I'm new to smoking so I dont know a lot about it)
  2. PolishPablo PolishPablo

He said the reg is 5$ and kush is 20$. So I'm thinking about just getting like 5 grams of reg.
  3. OrangeJuiceandKush OrangeJuiceandKush

• Since: Jan 15, 2011
    That 5 dollars of regs is probably more like 5 dollars of schwagg and all seeds and stems.
    That 20 dollars of kush if it is actually kush and dank will last you 5X longer then the gram of regs splurge for the kush.
  4. PolishPablo PolishPablo

What kind would I ask for that will be decent? (for rolling a joint, no kush because i would need more for a joint, and it would cost more)
  5. OrangeJuiceandKush OrangeJuiceandKush

Wait what? Why would the kush give you less? If I'm understanding this right for 5 dollars you get 1 gram of shit and for 20 dollars gets you 1 gram of kush. The quantity should be the same. If you buy the kush you can roll probably 3 joints and get high if your just starting out and the regs will probably roll 2 joints.

If you are really worried about the price I suggest using a pipe you save so much weed and the kush would get you high 4 or 5 times.

But the "kush" could be some name he throws on there I would take a look at it first and if you bought from him before and can trust him then it may very well be high quality.

Anyways if you don't want to spend the 20 ask him what the quality is for 10 and get that over the 5 dollar schwagg.
  6. Csharp Csharp

• Since: Nov 18, 2008
    if your just starting the $5 a g shit isn't a bad idea. it WON'T be actual schwag (mostly stems, seeds, any bud will be brown and unplentiful) unless he's ripping you. it's MIDS, yes it does have stems and seeds here and there but not nearly as much as true schwag. it's usually a bit darker than dank, it's basically the middle ground of weed (hence,mids). you might not be able to get stoned into oblivion with mids, but it still GETS YOU HIGH. btw, 5g's of mids would last me alot longer than a G of kush, i don't know how it wouldn't for either of you..just saying.
  7. PolishPablo PolishPablo

Ok, I don't have rolling paper, and Im only 15. So I'm just gonna take a cig casing, take out tobacco and put the weed in there. But if I used kush, it would be a little more expensive to fill it right? So thats why i want to use cheaper kind.

As far an bong, I have a vape i made out of a light bulb. But lets say I wanted to go to a friends house and smoke. i wouldn't want to carry the light bulb. I would rather carry a joint. it would be easier to get rid of.
  8. OrangeJuiceandKush OrangeJuiceandKush

On the east coast 5dollars would buy the shittiest weed on the planet. I was more referring to the 1g of regs vs 1g of kush but ya I see your point I just hate the high that schwagg/shitty regs give me.

Alright I see what your saying if you really want to save some money leave a little bit of tobacco in the end and then fill it. You can save enough to roll a whole nother joint.
  9. PolishPablo PolishPablo

With kush? I'm still gonna ask him if he can get anything for around 10$ (he had to leave so ill ask him later)
  10. OrangeJuiceandKush OrangeJuiceandKush

With whatever the tobacco acts as a filler and you need less weed to fill it.
    If you don't smoke cigs the tobacco will get you a buzz and lightheaded feeling and works well with the weed but some people don't care for it.
  11. PolishPablo PolishPablo

I see where your going with this. Thanks!
  12. Karigrandi Karigrandi

• Since: Oct 31, 2010
    There are tons of different strains but its almost impossible to be 100% sure what strain you are getting unless you grow it or you know the grower or buy it from dispensary / coffee shop.

So usually we will just sort the weed by the quality:

Schwag is the lowest kind, it is has stems and seeds in it and no hairs or crystals. It will have a weak smell, the high will be weak or/and unpleasant and you might even get a "hangover."

Mids
    is the medium quality. Might have few seeds and stems in it. Will get the job done for a smoker who has no tolerance. Now sometimes mids will have orange hairs and some crystals on it this this would be Higher quality mids.

High quality will have crystals and hairs all over it. The smell will be strong. It will give you a very enjoyable high, and you will require considerably smaller amount of it.

Dank this is the top of all buds. A very strong distinctive smell. The bud itself will be sticky. This is the most expensive and the best kind of weed. Guaranteed to give you a euphoric high.

Now of course there are exceptions, weed looking like mids might surprise you and turn out to be high quality.

"Reg" is usually schwag or mids but at a price $5 its probably schwag.
    "Kush" would be High quality or even Dank

For a joint I would recommend at leastmids. I know $5 for weed sounds tempting, but trust me you want to stay AWAY from schwag whenever you have a chance. It might not work or if you are very unlucky you might get schwag that is sprayed with with some shit so that it would be heavier, there are some cases where people have got lead in their weed.

If your budget is tight you might want to drop the joints and get a pipe. You can make one out of an apple easily. Or make a waterfall bong it will conserve your weed and get you very high with small amount.

PS. Here is a little comparison of joint / bong / waterfall: I had some dank and I tried to smoke it with all three methods. A 0.6g joint got me as high as 0.2-0.3g bowl from bong or 0.1-0.2 from waterfall.
  13. PolishPablo PolishPablo

Ill ask him for mids. i have a light bulb vape. But it takes a little longer to do. And when i wanna smoke at someone elses house, i wouldn't want to carry the light bulb with me
  14. ModernDayWizard ModernDayWizard

• Since: Feb 3, 2011
    You're 15 so you are gonna use a cig instead of rolling paper?? I don't understand you need to be 18 to buy either...

As for using the casing of a cig I've heard that because of the filter you get less high, and if you're smoking regs you can't afford that. Just make an apple pipe.
  15. Karigrandi Karigrandi

• Since: Oct 31, 2010
    Ok that previous post took me a long time to write, since I was puffing at the same time. BUT! now that there has been a little progress in this conversation. I have this to say.

You don't need that "kush" for a few reasons: 1. your friend might be ripping you off, its probably "high mids", beacuse of your low tolerance you will get really high from mids with some crystals on it and thus believe it was dank, but once you finally experience the dank bud you will know you were ripped off (this happened to me when I was starting).
    2. If it really is dank. It is very easy for a beginner to smoke too much when smoking dank, resulting in paranoia. Your low tolerance allows you to get high from mids so why not use it to your advantage, build up the tolerance and slowly go up from mids to high quality and then on special occasions treat yourself with some sweet skunky dank.

Before you go to buy your weed make sure to check out images of all the quality types I posted above in previous post, that way you will know what you are dealing with.
  16. PolishPablo PolishPablo

My parents smoke, so Ill just take one when they aren't looking. And Ill just make a pipe i guess.