What will happen if Marijuana is legalized?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MarijuanaGuy, Feb 3, 2010.

1. MarijuanaGuy MarijuanaGuy

• Since: Jan 23, 2010
    What do you think will happen if Marijuana is being legalized?
  2. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Crime rates will skyrocket. Violent crime will go up. Baby murder and rape will go on the rise. Cities will fall. Morals will vanish. Cannibalism will become socially accepted.

Just kidding. I have no idea what you're talking about... Be a little more specific here
  3. Hellraz0r Hellraz0r

• Since: Jan 1, 2010
    I think if it is legalized, it would take awhile for the change to sink in for the world. There would still be a lot of arguments that it should've stayed illegal and new anti-pot groups will arise.

I think also that the government will then try to control it like they do with tobacco, but I'd make sure I got in early and started growing before they try their usual nasty tactics.

But honestly I doubt my country is even close to legalizing it so I can only dream..
  4. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    People that smoke smarijuana will continue to smoke marijuana, those that don't won't likely start because of legalization. There will be some people who try it out of curiosity, but I don't thiink the overall number of pot smokers would change drastically. Most people that want to smoke weed.....smoke weed. The law doesn't drastically influence their behavior. Most of those who don't smoke weed have no hidden desire to try it, and will be unlikely to "convert". Amsterdam, where marijuana use is tolerated, actually has a lower per capita use of cannabis than the US. That should be a pretty strong indicator as to how legalization would affect the US
    1 people like this.
  5. Aequitas_Veritas Aequitas_Veritas

• Since: Oct 2, 2008
    Ill be honest, right now I feel like I have to keep buying weed so that I can keep in contact with my dealers. If I did want to do it every few weeks and only bought every few months then I feel like I wouldn't be able to buy consistently. So I actually think if it were made legal I might do it less then I do now.
  6. MarijuanaGuy MarijuanaGuy

• Since: Jan 23, 2010
    I think that when the local govt knows that they can generate easy revenue just by selling marijuana(on control basis), there will be vending machines on every corner...popcorn,dvd and a stash to go along.

In addition, it will create more "green" jobs.
  7. 1406 1406

• Retired
    • Since: Jun 1, 2009
    I think first of all the crime rate will decrease from eliminating the black market. Secondly, more jobs will be created (gardeners, dispensaries, clippers, etc), along with a substantial increase in tax money from dispensaries opening around the nation. Also, I predict the pharmaceutical companies will be negatively impacted by legalization. By people using cannabis instead of paying pharmaceutical monopolies, they will save tremendous amounts of money on over the counter medicine. I think a variety of prescription drugs for anxiety, ADD/ADHD, and sleep aids could be replaced by cannabis.

I guess time will tell, I have high hopes for legalization in the upcoming years.