where does the best bud in the world come from?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by ganja22, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ganja22 ganja22

• Since: Feb 1, 2005
    wat up. Me and my friend were talking and hes got a lot of cali pride so he said "the best bud comes from cali, period." but i disagreed with him, i thought that they have some crazy bud in europe. So where does the "best bud" in the world come from? Or is it a matter of opinion? Thanks. Late.

*be an athletic smoker*
  2. Shmo Shmo

• Since: Feb 26, 2002
    My loverly neighbours to the west : BRITISH COLUMBIA
    Well outdoor at least. Great hydro can be grown anywhere with a plug and a some lights :D
  3. Random_Smoker Random_Smoker

• Since: Oct 23, 2004
    yeah. the best weed in the world can be grown in your backyard if you wanted it to, your friend seems to have a little too much pride. point is, good weed comes from all over the world, not just in one specific area.
  4. imported_PunkJunkie imported_PunkJunkie

• Since: Feb 22, 2004
    the best pot isnt really grown in one spot... you could grow the best dank in the middle of alaska as long as you had the right equipment and smarts!

But alot of good pot is grown in British Columbia and in amsterdam, where alot of seed banks and stuff are.
  5. ganja22 ganja22

true. true. but im talking about outdoor. but cali probally has the best outdoor bud in the U.S.
  6. Random_Smoker Random_Smoker

Like I said earlier, the best weed can be grown anywhere, cali doesn't have a special soil or special climate that makes any weed grown there better than weed grown in any other part of the world. For example, someone could take a boat onto the ocean and grow weed on it that could be better than weed grown in say, Amsterdam, location makes no difference on the quality of weed.
  7. Illuminati420 Illuminati420

• Banned
    • Since: Sep 27, 2004
    outdoor the quality varies from place to place sorry but cali has a better climate fit for growning than say texas, but you can grow pot anywhere your right....its a weed and grows freely.....i've heard stories of like cannabis trees with trunks as thick as a basketball in cambodia....i'm sure some good bud grows in parts of the middle east..they wouldn't call it afghani for nothin...
  8. InLoveAndDeath InLoveAndDeath

This plastic bag in my room.

I wish :bawl:
  9. ganja22 ganja22

so, california doesn't have any special weather but why is cali known for good bud? I don't even think that its that much better than any other places that have good sources. It doessn't make sense.
  10. Random_Smoker Random_Smoker

its prolly just what people in california think, that's it.
  11. TiKiTiKi TiKiTiKi

• Since: Jun 15, 2004
    no. The climate in cali is for the most part good.. As in other states.. Oregon is another great spot to grow i hear.
  12. fyse0 fyse0

• Since: Jan 8, 2005
    i hear some of the best **** in the world is the stuff that grows in the wild in eastern europe/asia
  13. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Thats like asking someone who is the best musician of all time....its up for debate, because everyone's taste is different. Location reallky doesn't mean jack sh*t, because a good grower can set up shop anywhere and produce Cannabis Cup quality weed if he knows what he is doing. There is no way to say that "bla bla bla" grows the best weed. its dependant on personal perferences, the growers skill, etc.....
  14. bobmarleyisgod bobmarleyisgod

• Since: Jan 12, 2005
    the weed here in alaska definitely is better than any **** grown in cali... also its like impossible to get bad bud here... never gotten bad stuff or smoked shwagg in my life.
  15. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    As I said before....awesome weed can be grown anywhere. Saying your stuff is better than any Cali bud is a pointless argument. A good grower can produce awesome plants in cali just as easily as he could in Alaska. Basically, it looks like people are just looking for bragging rights about who grows the best weed, when the argument is pointless. With indoor grow-ops, extremely high quality bud can be grown ANYWHERE. Somestonedjew.....as much as you think your stuff is better, the chances are theres growers in Cali that could match or surpass what you have. Its not about location, its about the skill of the person running the grow op. Its silly to say that "mines better than yours" especially when its an impossible statement to back up, at least for the common person. Using lab equipment and hundreds of samples from both locations would be the only true way of provong your idea, and unless you can offer some sort of proof other than your opinion, its al just bragging. i know theres high quality stuff in Alaska, but the fact is I could grow stuff just as good here in the the midwest with proper epuipment.
  16. Colt45420 Colt45420

• Since: Jun 28, 2004
    A monkey could grow amazing weed if given the right tools.

As far as outdoor temperature w/ little human interference and stuff... I'd say somewhere nice and warm.
  17. TheFillabong TheFillabong

• Since: Oct 14, 2004
    It depends on the strain. Some thrive in certain climates where other strains would lag. Besides, "the best" is just a collective idea. That would vary with the society of people.

IMHO, the best comes from my 16.5 sq/ft :D
  18. BubbsGarcia BubbsGarcia

• Since: Nov 19, 2004
    The best herb in the world comes from this little village in Zimbabwe called Quin-Tak-Pekonee.
  19. DDButter DDButter

• Since: Jan 30, 2004
    Hawaii for sure
  20. ganjaguru ganjaguru

• Since: Jan 10, 2005
    i live in cali and ill tell you one thing....AZ weed blows compared to weed here, its always dank here.