Which makes you less paranoid? Sativa or Indica?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by the doctor42069, Sep 14, 2010.

1. the doctor42069 the doctor42069

• Since: Sep 14, 2010
    I have a friend who started smoking pot a few years back but for only for 6 months because one day when he was drunk he smoked too much of some really good weed and had sort of a nervous breakdown, just a really bad experience. He liked it while he did it so he wants to slowly get back into it now that he is in CA and has more control over the type of high he's going to get. He asked me the other day to get which ever kind won't make him paranoid and stuck inside his own head. Now I don't really get paranoid anymore so I can't really tell. On one hand the sativas kind of make my brain work on over drive so I would think maybe that but also Indicas really impair my ability to think straight so that might be bad too. Any thoughts?
  2. Myracl Myracl

• Since: Sep 8, 2010
    I believe it just depends on the person. Drunk and high mixed can often turn out bad, so you have to be careful. In my personal opinion, I like sativas because i feel like i'm still very much in control of what I'm doing. Indicas make me a little more nervous because I feel like if I get caught I will be too lazy to want to try and play it off. Its all an opinion though. Hope it helped!
  3. laCster laCster

• Since: Oct 5, 2008
    indica - higher cannabinoid to THC concentraition is what the medicinal user is looking for
  4. Mr Spacely Mr Spacely

• Since: Sep 14, 2010
    Hard to say really, the most paranoid I have ever been was off of a sativa dominant hybrid, back when I first started smoking. That also probably had something to do with me being a new smoker and the large quantity me and my buddy smoked.
  5. Ringedredbullet Ringedredbullet

• Since: Jan 28, 2010
    i would say indica
  6. jacjak jacjak

• Since: Jul 29, 2009
    From what i've heard, Indica is better if you don't want anxiety. I never get Indica though.:(
  7. thefirsttimer thefirsttimer

• Since: May 1, 2010
    Yea, indica is better if you dont want paranoia, anxiety, and stuff like that, because CBD is an anti-psychotic, so because the ratio of CBD (cannabidiol) in indica is higher, it counteracts all the scary paranoia stuff that THC might create. It is also a muscle relaxant, so you would be too relaxed to even get paranoid, its called a couch lock lol.
  8. Xstasy Xstasy

• Since: Aug 9, 2009
    I don't get paranoid from either, at least I haven't just yet. Everynow and again I will wonder "what if I have 2 do a drug test 4 a job I really want???" But it isn't a panicky feeling @ all.
  9. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Sativas tend to make people more paranoid than Indicas. THC makes your brain run on overdrive. In Sativas, that's mostly what you get. Indicas have a higher ratio of CBD to THC. CBD seems to have a sedative effect that counteracts the "edge" from the THC.
  10. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    Definitely Indicas like everyone else said. Sativas generally cause more paranoia than indicas.
  11. Solstice Solstice

• Since: Apr 2, 2012
    I suffer from anxiety and taking sativa actually made my anxiety worse --- panic attacks to the fullest. This was, of course, due to me being not educated to the different types of weed.