White Widow outdoor growlog

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by boberton, Jul 24, 2011.

1. boberton boberton

• Since: Jun 18, 2011
    Well i decided to start a thread as they are nearing flowering. This is my first grow ever and i decided to just wing it with limited research, which was a mistake when i almost lost them while growing indoors before i put them outside. But now since i got them outdoors they have exploded. I am growing on about the 43rd parallel. In the area where i am growing they are getting solid sun from about 11 to 6.

This has been a great learning experience. Here are some pictures since getting them outside when they were about 8 to 10 inches.

Attached Files:

2. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    I gotta ask what white widow are you using..They look indica by the look of the leaf..But are stretching a bit betwen nodes..So I have to ask where you got your seed, and what indica sativa split they are?

But those mommas are looking sexy if they are female seeds..
  3. boberton boberton

I began to worry they were going to be over the fence line come harvest time so i started LSTing them.

Attached Files:

4. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    If they are half the size of the fence I think lsting them was a great idea..
  5. boberton boberton

from marijuana seeds canada, got them feminized, says 60/40.
  6. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    60/40 indica or 60/40 sativa?
  7. boberton boberton

60 sativa
  8. boberton boberton

now my first question of the thread. How do you tell if it has started flowering or is just still showing preflowers, on this pic i'd guess still a preflower but the pistils are looking pretty long.

Attached Files:

9. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Ahh you got the knock off white widow with the 60 sativa side..Gotcha..

Well Id say your looking at october still for harvest..Caus eyou will still have another say 3 weeks untill the start of flowering time..

I doubt they already flowering in july..So my guess is those are just preflowers to tell you shes a girl..
  10. boberton boberton

Transplanting my girls before flowering. Im glad i decided to, they were needing watering pretty much everyday. Got them into 55 litre pots.

Attached Files:

11. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    55 liter pots, so 12 gallon pots..ish..You also could have went with 5 gallon buckets from the home depot..

More pics when you get the plant all situated in there new home please..
  12. boberton boberton

oh ya i'll keep it updated, beforei transplanted they were in 3-4ish gallon pot that they had completely grown into, roots were top to bottom side to side. and that was only in a months time. and ya maybe these are a little overkill, but better to have too much space than not enough right?
  13. Brassmusic Brassmusic

• Since: Jun 3, 2011
    Are planning on LSTing the side braching as well? Going that large a planter will allow the girls to grow real big!

Brass
  14. boberton boberton

ya brass im planning on lsting them too, they are getting quite high.
  15. boberton boberton

i tied down all the side branching on the one girl today, and transplanted another one. heres a pic to see the size difference in pots.

Attached Files:

16. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Those pots are much bigger than the old ones..I'm really hoping you get them tied down so they don't go over the fence..But Id say you get a nice amount of bud from them..
  17. boberton boberton

All the girls are in the new pots now. Now tying one down a day. Heres the first one i did yesterday. Any critiques on my first attempt at LSTing?

Attached Files:

18. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Not a bad job..Great job..
  19. SativaMe@420 SativaMe@420

• Since: Jul 4, 2011
    Those plants seem to love it there, how much sun do they get a day? Either way they look good, have you tried a root builder powder? If not I highly recommend it, get a root builder and put a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide and No-Damp in your water/nutes and in 1-2 weeks you'll see an EXPLOSION OF GROWTH! There are also nutes specially formulated to increase the size and potency of the buds, my buddy showed me pics of two harvests, one he used the special nutes and one he didn't and on the one he did he got A LOT MORE & BETTER BUD! You are at a point right now where your harvest will directly relate to amount and quality of the water, nutes and ferts you give them, its totally up to you.
  20. boberton boberton

they get sun from 10:30ish to about 6. Give or take up to 30 mins, i never really took notice to exact times. Throw me a link where i can read up on those root builder and nutes.