Why do I keep passing if i'm still smoking?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by jadedraven, Jul 1, 2012.

1. jadedraven jadedraven

• Since: Jul 1, 2012
    I don't get it and I am not about to ask my doctor who probably wouldn't know anyway. I have never failed a drug test. When I was a young juvenile delinquent on probation I got random drug tests which I would go to stoned because I was an irresponsible child...and I never failed one.

Now i'm an adult and i've still never failed a drug test. Not for employment, not when they tested me when I was pregnant with my kids (because I had been smoking until I found out I was pregnant and I didn't realize that was something they tested for anyway). I recently was smoking 2-3 hits of moderately good weed a day 3-4 days a week after my kids were asleep. I got an interview for a really good state job so I bought a couple test kits from a pharmacy and passed both of them. I then had the interview and they said it would be about three weeks before I heard anything so I continued to smoke...in fact I even got a rare night out and smoked more than usual-I tested the next day (after smoking heavily) and the day after that with a different brand of test and they were both still negative. Today I even purposely used really undiluted urine and still passed. I just don't get it. I do work out a ton (16 plus miles a week on the treadmill plus i'm a belly dancer and I love yoga, hula hooping, and sweating in general and I spend a lot of time playing and runnng around with my kids) but i'm not thin (I think stacked is the correct word lol), and I don't think my metabolism is very fast...i can't eat cheeseburgers 3 meals a day. So why is it that no matter how much I smoke or what I do i've never failed a test? I'm not complaining mind you, just curious
    lightweightt likes this.
  2. DrugTestDave DrugTestDave

• Since: Sep 1, 2010
    Interesting. What a lovely problem to have :) I look forward to the responses we'll see here.

-Dave
  3. jadedraven jadedraven

Hmm...I was hoping someone had an idea. Oh well, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I've smoked the last two days and took another at home test tonight and passed it again. I've varied the brands that I use and also where I get them (different pharmacies, on-line from different sellers etc) so I know its not the test.
  4. devvo6786 devvo6786

• Since: May 3, 2010
    I cant speak from recent experiences, but in highschool I got busted for drinking on campus. I also smoked pot....not everyday, more like once every week or so. Well, I fessed to the alcohol, but still was sent to AOD classes (alcohol and other drugs). I had to go once a week and had to be in the program for 90 days...OR three RANDOM tests. I got tested 5 times in 90 days.

Once at the beginning (the day of court). I had smoked 1 week prior and passed to my surprise. I thien got randomly tested after smoking 8 days straight, at school. I told my AOD counselor I would fail (confidentiality) but passed.

My next RANDOM was at school again, 4 days later...still smoked all four days...and passed.

I HAVENT tested that I clean up faster then most people...Im not sure what happened with those tests, but I did pass, and it seemed odd...

BTW im female, 5'1" and 120 pounds...I know it doesnt make a difference in this case, but odd to say the least.
  5. jadedraven jadedraven

Thanks for the input I don't think I mentioned my stats...i'm female, 30, 5'8" and 168 pounds of mostly muscle...well, I have two toddlers and before I got pregnant with my first I was 161ish and i've never been able to get down that low again lol. I don't know my BMI but I work out a lot, i'm really active with my 2 kids and I eat pretty well so I can't imagine its too bad. I would say my metabolism is average
  6. Benji420 Benji420

• Since: Jul 16, 2012
    THC is detectable in the blood for only a short time (couple hours) because it is rapidly metabolized into molecules known as metabolites.Therefore testing procedures are designed to pick up on these metabolites.
    At least 80 different metabolites are formed from THC. The metabolites are stored in body fat and are gradually eliminated from the body through feces and urine. Some THC metabolites have an elimination half-life of 20 hours. However, some are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Because it is stored in body fat, your body might not be collecting very many of these metabolites, due to your athletic lifestyle.
    EMIT or enzyme multiplied immunoassay technique, the cheapest and most common drug screen used in workplace drug testing. EMIT testing is typically used by employers but the test is prone to incorrect results.
    In general, occasional consumers (as in, once or twice per week) should have little trouble passing an EMIT test which uses a 50 ng/ml cut-off for only ONE metabolite; THC-COOH. As long as you have had one or two days of abstinence prior to taking the test you should beat the "cut-off".
    Also do you drink a lot of fluids on a regular basis? Do you drink caffeine regularly? In a testimony given by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services addressing Congress stated, "Efforts to dilute urine... with natural diuretics, such as caffeine can expedite the elimination of urine from the body. Simply trying to dilute the concentration of drug below the testing "cut-off" can be done by drinking very large quantities of water, on the order of 120 ounces of fluid."

Sources:
    http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm

http://norml.org/legal/drug-testing/item/the-abcs-of-marijuana-and-drug-testing

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2007/10/t20071101c.html
  7. jadedraven jadedraven

Thats a good explanation, thanks!