Why does weed give me a sore throat and clogged nose?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Res, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Res Res

• Since: Mar 18, 2011
    I'm not sure what it is but whenever I smoke any weed, my nose gets clogged, and my throat becomes sore. I get this from pretty much all the weed that I smoke and my friend says he gets the same problems as I do.

I was thinking maybe it could be from dry weed/general dry climate. I live in Calgary and were known for having dry weather here and our weed tends to be dry a lot. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Alright so I just read that breathing through the mouth with a stuffy nose could cause a sore throat, and I notice that I only get the sore throat after I sleep, where I have to breath through my mouth. So the only problem is that I get a stuffy nose.
  2. SkylineGT-R SkylineGT-R

• Since: Feb 4, 2011
    Sore Throat - Joint or Pipe smoking? Possibly hits are too big and too hot which irritating your throat. Smaller hits or go to bongs.

Clogged Nose - Cotton Nose? Go to the store and buy breathing strips.
  3. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    You sucking hot smoke into your body, how do you expect it to react....:shrug:

Don't worry about it. In your case you need to try some herbal cooking if you want to get some relief while still getting buzzed.....;)

Ded......
  4. Res Res

• Since: Mar 18, 2011
    I've been using a pipe most of the time and it tends to hit pretty hard. Also, something I like to do is suck into my mouth and let it cool, then inhale it, so I could see that the smoke could possibly travel up my sinuses and into my nose. I guess I'll try to use my bubbler and with cold water more often. Thanks.
    1 people like this.
  5. SkylineGT-R SkylineGT-R

• Since: Feb 4, 2011
    Yes. I also forget about Bubblers. That's a good technique. No problem, glad to give you advice. If I have the knowledge I don't mind sharing it. Take care!
  6. Waldy Waldy

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    i'm pretty sure everyone gets a stuffed nose. i get it bad, it's just the smoke around you and it's how your nose reacts. if you blow out a window, or somewhere u won't be breathing the smoke again, you should be able to breathe fine/better, works for me :D my eyes also get dry AF and i have contacts.
  7. blah blah blah blah

• Since: Nov 27, 2012
    no it's not just the smoke around you. I get a clogged nose and allergy symptoms even when I have edibles. These people don't know what they're talking about.