WI medical MJ

Discussion in 'Legalization/Decriminalization' started by Bud Is good, Sep 28, 2009.

1. SmokeyBear88 SmokeyBear88

• Since: Sep 20, 2011
    Not that I can go, but how many people usually attend the festival?
  2. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Ummmm alot..I think around 20, 000..Something like that..

It's really a good time..Lots of freindly stoners..People in crazy outfits..Smoking pot within feet of police, with no one getting arrested.

You see alot of cool stuff..Very great vibe...

Also the news crews show up..But I don't think it ever actually makes the news..
  3. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

• Since: Oct 9, 2009
    41st Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival kicks off in Madison tonight at The Frequency on W. Main st. 5-8pm

Tomorrow at Library Mall plaza in Madison at the intersection of State St and Lake St., come and see the full scale hydroponic grow demo, bands, speakers and other fun stuff.

Come and support IMMLY & Madison/Wisconsin NORML in their efforts to change the law in Wisconsin.
  4. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

This year we can expect near-record numbers of people because of the Nebraska v. Wisconsin home football game bringing in tens of thousands of visitors from out of the area.
  5. SmokeyBear88 SmokeyBear88

• Since: Sep 20, 2011
    Two great American traditions.

A top 10 college football matchup and smoking weed. Wish I could be there...

Hope it goes well!
  6. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Theres gonna be a hydro demonstration..And more people then normal cause of the game and I can't go..I'll be watching the game and, I will be there in spirit, but not physically..It makes me sad...

Man that really sucks for me..
  7. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

It's really going to be a great year this year. Fantastic bands, great vendors, a fashion show featuring hemp clothes from local stores, an amazing list of speakers.

Maybe Sunday works for you? The march will be bigger than last year and last year we thought it was the best turnout since the 90s.
  8. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Sunday unfortunatly doesn't work for me either..I'm usually the one that drives all my friends up..And my girl has to work..So she cant't go which means, the car is unavailable..

I did not know the local stores had hemp clothing..Umm If you would pay attention and let me know who sells the stuff thst would be great..I would love to get some hemp clothes..

Or if you know who sells hemp clothes, a link would be nice too..
  9. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

Amsterdam
    Hempen Goods
    Sunshine Daydream
    Those are 3 in Madison (also sponsoring the Harvest Fest fashion show and are great stores that I have been to)

Future Green is the only one I know about in Milwaukee (never been there)

I'll have to get back to you on others in the state. I have bought from rawganique.com before (not their clothes), but they are not locally owned/a Wisconsin business.

Also, Simple and Saucony have hemp shoes. I own a pair of the Saucony and think they are good, but wont be for the winter.
  10. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Never heard of the first two..Of course I usually just hit up a few shops on state street..Sunshine daydream being one of them..

So if the shops are not on state street I have not been to it..

I'll have to look up the shops, to get an idea of what they have..

Thanks for the info..
  11. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

Here are pics of what I'm talking about:

fashion show:
    [IMG]

full scale hydroponic grow demonstration by Grow Maxx (Sheboygan, WI)
    [IMG]
  12. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Damm it's sound slike this year is going to be alot better than previous years..But I can't imagine how it could be any better..It's always a good time..

Damm I'm gonna miss soo much..AHH this sucks, that I can't go..
  13. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Hey I forgot to ask when does congress get back in session? So you can get that bill to them..
  14. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

They called a special session on jobs and then convened for 1 hour and then dismissed for a month. We don't get it. It's a joke.

we're pushing. Sen Erpenbach and Rep Pocan will be introducing the Jacki Rickert Medical Marijuana Act, it's in drafting right now.
  15. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

1 people like this.
  16. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    So how was harvest fest.....I couldn't make it and I'm sure you went..
  17. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

MADISON: Despite the untimely passing of longtime festival organizer Ben Masel earlier this year, the 41st Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival showed the yearly event is not going away, but instead growing and becoming more polished. Masel organized the festival for all but its first year before losing his battle with cancer April 30. The festival is coordinated by the Madison and Wisconsin chapters of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) and the Wisconsin medical cannabis advocacy group Is My Medicine Legal YET? (IMMLY).

Continue reading on Examiner.com Harvest Fest 41 gains more ground on Cannabis Prohibition - Madison norml | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/norml-in-madison/harvest-fest-41-gains-more-ground-on-cannabis-prohibition
    1 people like this.
  18. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

So read the article above for a great overview of the fest.

I must say it went great for everyone! We'll be back for next year. We're hoping to get some good donations and maybe some national support so we can take the fest to the next level.
    1 people like this.
  19. MadisonNORML MadisonNORML

Dana Beal was released from custody of the state of Wisconsin!!!!
  20. TastyBongWater TastyBongWater

• Since: Jan 16, 2010
    does this mean he doesn't have to serve his newly given prison time?