Wind pipes hurt

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Everlong2019, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Everlong2019 Everlong2019

• Since: Aug 25, 2008
    Hey guys, so I have been smoking since the end of august 2008, roughly 5-6 months, I'm 14, smoke out of a variety of things (recently smoked a blunt if that effects anything) but usually my water pipe or my glass bowl, occasionally i take a few drags off a cigarette, probably amounting to a whole cigarette every 2-3 months (a drag or two on a weekend when im with some friends).

I take very deep hits and hold for 3 seconds and let go, and just recently (today and yesterday, after smoking friday night and twice saturday night) i have noticed my wind pipes hurting a lot. It isn't my throat that hurts at all, its the actual pipes or tubes or whatever that lead into my lungs. like if i extend my neck and stare up at the cieling i have to cough because it hurts, and when i laugh i have that smoker cough that my grandma does thats like "hahahahahaha COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH" and it sounds like im hacking up a lung. Im just wondering if i should just wait it out, hold off on the smoking for a while till it gets better, or if this is an un natural thing and its not caused by the marijuana and small amount of cigarettes and i need to go to a doctor or something.
  2. marijuanavillle7 marijuanavillle7

• Since: Jan 22, 2008
    you just scorched the back of the throat. i have done it several times and usually goes away in a couple of days.
  3. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

• Since: Dec 3, 2006
    Someones comming down with a case of bronchitis? Is it flemmy? I recommend taking smaller hits, or lay back on smoking for a little bit if it becomes a big concern.
  4. RookieSmoker RookieSmoker

• Since: Oct 14, 2007
    Possibly. I'm just getting over a case of bronchitis and it all started with a sore throat, sore chest and big coughs.
  5. Everlong2019 Everlong2019

I hope its not bronchitis...if i went to the doctor and he said it was would it be possible for my parents to blame it on me smoking? they allow me to do it but i want to give them as little incentive to not like at as possible.

And yah its not my throat at all, its my actual pipes that the air goes through when i breathe in. Is bronchitis accompanied by a fever?
  6. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

It definatly can be, your body usually develops a fever in order to fight off virus's and bacteria... so many things can cause a fever.

As for your doctor blaming it on smoking... he definatly will tell you to stop, cause ur only slowing down the healing process.
    1 people like this.
  7. ripmypipe ripmypipe

• Since: Jan 10, 2009
    yeah sounds like bronchitis to me. the doctor theoretically can't prove that you got it from smoking unless he took blood tests or some crap, just deny it if he is gonna chew your parents out.
    the first time i ever smoked was on a cruise when i was like 13 and i hung out with this 17 yr old who smoked and he had a few friends and we all hung out all the time. one of his friends (i forgot his name) had bronchitis and he said he got it from smoking and holy shit did it sound like he was gonna die.chronic bronchitis is usually caused by things like smoking but acute bronchitis can be caused by a virus or bacteria. it can also be allergy related

if you have acute bronchitis, it should go away within a few days to a week without meds, but sometimes the cough associated with it can last for several months
    but, if it is chronic bronchitis then...shit man. its a progressive condition in which there is no cure. the symptoms of chronic bronchitis generally last for months at a time. the symptoms may get better but then occur again more than once each year, especially during the winter. the effects last longer as the condition worsens. gradually, the coughing occurs all the time, getting worse in the morning and in damp, cold weather. as chronic bronchitis continues, chest infections become more frequent. there are a few medicines that can help with chronic bronchitis such as a bronchodilator that are usually used to treat asthma that help open up the airways. medicines called mucolytics which thin or loosen mucus in the airways, making it easier to cough up can also be used to treat chronic bronchitis.

my brother had a very VERY severe case of chronic bronchitis where it turned into pneumonia and he had to be hospitalized and we thought we were gonna lose him, but he pulled through.
    best of luck bro
    1 people like this.
  8. Privaron Privaron

• Since: Apr 22, 2008
    The responsible choice is if its effecting your breathing habits that bad for you to talk to a doctor about it.

With that said there is no point in being dishonest to a MD who is there to help you with a medical condition it's not counter productive to him its counter productive to you.

Different people have different reactions to marijuana and at fourteen you should be mature enough to know that if your having that many concerns over your health the only choice is to talk to a doctor honestly. Not seek makeshift advice from recreational drug users over the internet.
  9. Everlong2019 Everlong2019

I sought advice from recreational drug user who use the same drug i have because it is very possible that somebody has had the same experience as me, and their is no point in going to a doctor for something that I could ask people who will be honest with me, and especially people that i can tell about marijuana smoking with no repercussions. People aren't idiots. I have no idea if VaporizerMariJ has any form of medical education, however he seems to have some knowledge with this issue and what he said was very helpful. With that said, i have a fever and am going to a doctor tomorrow to see if it is anything that should really be worried about. I was simply asking for advice on an issue i am moderately concerned about before going all out and making it a big deal, and guess what? It worked. I got answers that make sense and seem reputable. I never said it was effecting my breathing either, i merely stated that it was giving me a bad cough. I can breathe fine, i am no where close to dying, im just tired of a head ache and a cough.
    1 people like this.
  10. VaporizorMariJ VaporizorMariJ

Everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to a doctor... and half the time the doctors just tell you what you already know. The best thing about a doctor is they fact that they can prescribe you with penecilin(or whatever anti-bacterial med you need) which will clear bacterial bronchitis infections right up.

I personally am not a doctor... but I am also 22 years old and have been smoking since I was 14 as well as my girlfriend is in school for nursing. So Iv had my share of infections over the years and can give him advice from personal experience. Yes of course he should still see a doctor if its a concern.. Still theres no need to rag on the guy because he simply wants to hear from people who have had similar problems.
    2 people like this.
  11. Privaron Privaron

• Since: Apr 22, 2008
    I also believe you asked questions regarding the doctors ability to detect medical problems due to your smoking in an attempt to evade your parents from being aware of the situation.

Heres something you don't need an MD to give you advice for...

Lying to doctors to keep things from mommy and daddy tends to be a inmature idea.. if you want some advice I say quit smoking until you grow up a little.
  12. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    His parents already know he smokes, he just doesn't want them to go "See, smoking pot is ruining your health."

Not going to a doctor or withholding that he smokes from the doctor won't kill him.