Wisdom teeth and weed

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by PsYcHoLoGiCaL, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsYcHoLoGiCaL PsYcHoLoGiCaL

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: May 16, 2001
    Hey guys, i just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday day. They gave me some percocets. I dont think percs will react bad with the weed, however the docs told me that smokers (tabacco) and women that take the pill are more likely to get "dry sockets" which is when the scab that is trying to heal in your mouth falls out, and its supposed to hurt like a *****. So do you smoking tabacco is a reason due to the chemical effect on it or the fact that you are phyically smoking, I wonder because their isnt much physical aspects in taking the pill so at least the pill must be caused by a chemical effect. Any thoughts

psychological
  2. JohnnyChronic JohnnyChronic

• Since:
    Last December I had my wisdom teeth out, and they gave me percocet as well. I'm pretty sure it is due to the physical sucking that is required to smoke a cigarette that is the reason they can cause dry sockets, by sucking the blood clot out as you drag. Although, I guess it could also be from the smoke irritating the gums and keeping them from healing properly. Anyhow, just to be safe, I put off smoking for a couple weeks, but instead purchased an eterra vaporizer to use starting about 4 days after i got my teeth out. Although, you still have to suck to use it, but I just made sure to do it very slowly and with as little pressure as possible. I also consumed weed orally in the days after the surgery. I never had any trouble with dry sockets. Also, I've never had any problem with taking the percocets and smoking and drinking. Heh...i only used 2 percs immediately after getting my teeth out, and i've saved the rest for recreational use.
  3. Bear Bear

• Since:
    I have a dry socket from getting my wisdom teeth out way back, and it has never bothered me, but do be careful. I think I had healed enough that it isn't a concern about exposing the root. But I would say that holding off for a while is pale in comparison to the possibilities of many more trips to the dentist.
  4. l-lyl)r() l-lyl)r()

• Since:
    percocets and weed is hott shyt, its reacts real well, along wit other painkillers like darvocet and valium, the feeling is like kinda being drunk and high, but ur not as sluggish, just thought u'd like to know
  5. grassmike grassmike

• Since:
    take care of yourself

Your body has a wound and you need to take care of that wound first. Everything is about priorities. The first joint after a few weeks break will make it all worthwhile. An MJ user that can not suffer through a small drought is a rookie anyway.
  6. Bongzilla Bongzilla

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 21, 2001
    Yeah I had my wisdom teeth out and didn't smoke for two weeks.

Don't risk it, apparently that dry sockets thing is VERY painful (my friend had it) and isn't worth it.
  7. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    Listen to your doctor...also stay away from drinking through straws. Any sucking action will also increase the possibility of dry socket.

Hope you're feeling better... And watch out about that pot/perc combo...we like you at just the level of PsYcHo that you are :p
  8. PsYcHoLoGiCaL PsYcHoLoGiCaL

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: May 16, 2001
    Well heh, i forgot about this thread :(. Anyways I ended up with dry sockets anyways :( it kind of sucked they are almost gone now heh. Anys its not that bad either, you just go back to the dentists and they put this clove stuff on it and it takes most the pain away and heals it, so i had to keep going to every day for 3 days and had the cloves taken out today. :)

Psyhcological
  9. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    Glad you took care of it and glad to hear you are feeling good!
  10. Smokey McPot Smokey McPot

• Since: Jun 21, 2001
    What do these dry sockets feel like? I ask because I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out last Friday, and I've smoked almost every day since. Now today, I've had an earache and a different kind of pain in my upper jaw.
  11. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    never had them myself...

But... I'd say that you have a good possibilioty... or the possibility of some sort of inflamation around those sensitove jaw area (mandibular) nerves...

get yourself back to the Dentist/Surgeon who did the surgery. The treatment shouldn't be painful, but not treating is very uncomfortable, as you can tell.

(gentle) Hugz,

Mama Budz
  12. Mr.Mojorisin Mr.Mojorisin

• Mr. M
    • Since: Feb 3, 2002
    I had my wisdom teeth out around november last year, a week later I was smokin bud and a few beers with some friends and nothing went wrong. they said something about not getting heavily drunk, but some is ok. but then again i guess they gave me different stuff than you guys. they had my on demerol, b something and some anti-inflamatory thing. damn i hate demerol, when i stopped takin it I was seriously depressed for like 2-3 weeks. everyone kept goin "whats wrong?" "is something wrong?" guess i looked like **** after those stupid pills
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.