Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by rob, Jan 29, 2009.

1. rob rob

• Since: Nov 16, 2008
    I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled and was wondering...
    will mj interfere with any of the many drugs they'll be giving me?
    i heard them say novacaine, nitrous, and and few others...
    should i stop a few days in advance to be safe?

thanks in advance
  2. sub_graf sub_graf

• Since: Mar 17, 2008
    ...seriously?

I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as cannabis interfering with any of the other drugs. I smoked the day before I had mine pulled and I was fine.
  3. toothfairy420 toothfairy420

• Stoner Chique
    • Since: May 28, 2004
    You will most likely get vicodin or the generic equivalent after the procedure, weed will intensify the effects...lidocaine is a vaso-constrictor (constricts the blood vessels) and stimulant, *marijuana would have no ill effects other than maybe making it less effective, but only if you just smoked. Not sure about the nitrous...but you should be fine. The real issue though, is dry socket, when you get your wisdom teeth pulled, a blood clot will form in the hole, this clot keeps infection at bay, and covers the otherwise exposed nerves. Sucking on anything can and will cause this blood clot to come out, this is called dry socket, and it is extremely painful. I recommend that you wait one week before smoking weed. I went into the office stoned when I had mine pulled, and I was put under general anesthesia combined with lidocaine and I came out alive.

*The only reason that lidocaine and MJ would be considered a problem, is if you had a heart condition, but if this was the case, the Dr. would use another type of local anesthetic.

This answer is coming out of the fingers of a former dental assistant...
    1 people like this.
  4. Rhymenocerous Rhymenocerous

• Since: Nov 7, 2007
    If you search the forums there are numerous topics on getting your wisdom teeth out and marijuana use. Some people have said they've smoked the day of the surgery or soon after with no problems. I'd suggest edibles. Then again I haven't had my wisdom teeth out yet (going to this summer), so don't take my word for it.
  5. TheQuestionMark TheQuestionMark

• Since: Nov 27, 2008
    they sound unleasant, but you could take nose hits to avoid dry socket
  6. smith_ smith_

• Since: Dec 23, 2008
    The night before I got my wisdom teeth out I got high as fuck with my peoples, blunt after blunt. I did this on purpose so that I would go into the dentist still messed up...it helped me keep calm. Im kind of squeamish with that stuff and Ill admit I was nervous. I took the needle as means of sedation..its by far the best option. You just fall asleep and wake up an hour later.

Your not going to want to smoke for atleast a few days after. Each person reacts differently to the surgery..your forgetting that this is considered surgery. I was in rough shape for a good week, you might be the same you might only be a few days you might be a few weeks. You want to keep your mouth as CLEAN as possible and your not going to be able to brush for a few days...I dont think you want the resin in your gums...and Infection would be horrible.
    1 people like this.
  7. ashlee lynn x0 ashlee lynn x0

• Since: Apr 3, 2009
    I just got my wisdom teeth pulled Tuesday morning, and it sucks. I wanna smoke so bad but I'm quitting for probation.

I doubt it would really interfere, I'm on hydrocodone, and it's working pretty well. Whatever you get, I wouldn't be worried. I know this is an old post, but I'm just venting about how much this sucks haha.
  8. MXM MXM

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    Asap

hey.. i was gonna make a thread just like this to show my situation.,.. but i'd stick heree...

last dec i had both my lower wisdom tooth surgically removed.... by a Maxillo-facial surgeon (or however you spell that)

they told me it was not gonna be painful at all...

they lied.

they treated me since the day before with esteroids and had many kind of "pain treatment medicine" (which name in english i cant tell) and even the surgery day had laser pain treatment and everything.....

still i feltlike they were gonna tried to remove my brain or something

the procedure was like.... cut gums.... crack teeth... remove any evidence of them...pull out whats still stuck inside.... clear..... close gums...

About your question i had no problem. I smoked the day before and the very surgery day and that trip lasted me like a week.

And yeah as you may imagine I was so numb I couldnt feel shit in my face, couldnt even open my own mouth, chew, eat, anything.... BUT.... I was higher than a space shuttle!... hahaha

Anyways this is some pics of my Xrays just to show you how was my situation
    Both of my teeth were growing "laid down" and towards the front of my jaw...

[IMG]

the date is in other format, we first write down the day and then the month ;)

[IMG]

This one was killing me:

[IMG]

The one good thing is that I got like a month off work yaaaay :D of course paid.

ANd one piece of advise for everyone... removal of this teeth must be done Profhylactic.....

Peace!!
  9. emuhhleee emuhhleee

• emtard smash!
    • Since: Oct 13, 2008
    marijuana made my experience so much better.
    i was on pain killers the whole time, & mj was such a better medication.
    i'm talking about a few days after getting it done though. i don't think you'll be able to smoke because your mouth will hurt so bad. expect to be out cold & knocked out on pain killers, haha.
  10. jondank13 jondank13

• Since: Feb 2, 2009
    Fuck Wisdom Teeth
  11. srachel srachel

• Since: May 5, 2009
    I am just awaiting about the dentist.