Bubbler vs bong

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by homemadebubbler, Jun 23, 2005.

1. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

I was just wondering what the difference was. I usually smoke out of a bubbler made out of a bottle, tinfoil, and a pen. But I don't lnow if bongs are different.
    Later
    -me

2. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

First of all, what you have is not a bong or a bubbler. It is a bottle.

Bubblers are glass pieces. But the difference between a bong and a bubbler is that bubblers are smaller, and produce slightly different effects when it comes to your high. Also, they are more relaxed, chill pieces- lighter weight than a bong and a little bit less cumbersome to use.

The water gets dirty in them really fast, and it won't stay cold very long. But they are great because it is less intense of a hit, and the taste can come out of the weed a little bit more pronounced with a bubbler than a bong. :D

That's about it I guess-

3. Coolguy

Coolguy New Member

TheCollector.. the materials he listed could definitely make something that would be considered a bubbler.. although it would most likely be crappier than a glass one.

Bubblers usually have a carb.. bong usually don't. As TC said bubblers are smaller version of bongs.

4. shakoBuDz

shakoBuDz Banned

i prefer bongs...mostly cause i like to take huge hits.

5. Stash05

Stash05 New Member

One of my buddies said bubblers were hard to hit for someone that hasnt used one before, anyone want to go into detail on why? Ive wanted to buy a bubbler but havent because of what he said.

6. broomhdj

broomhdj Sr. Member

The only thing with bubblers is that if you inhale too fast you may inhale some water. The smaller the bubbler, the more likely you will inhale some water.

Its very easy to not inhale water tho, just take a nice slow hit, you won't have any problems.

7. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

While it could be considered a bubbler if you define 'bubbler' as a small, water filtered piece that uses a carb instead of a slide to draw out the smoke- I'm pretty sure that the term only refers to glass pieces. But I may be wrong... Also, two of my brothers have sliding bubblers- so I guess a bubbler is just a small, water filtrated piece. :D

Maybe I forgot for a second where I started out (smoking out of something similar) I'm sorry- the collector in me-no pun intended- just doesn't even see a homemade pipe as a bong or a bubbler; I see them as homemade pipes.

I'm sorry looking back that post was sinical, coming from me. I was in a bad mood because I couldn't smoke all day because I have to pass a drug test tomorrow, plus I'm having relationship problems, plus it was the day before payday and you know how that is... :(

Lets start over- OK it would be in your best intrest not to get a bubbler if you don't like cleaning pipes. They get dirty really fast. Also they are hard to clean. But if you enjoy a smooth, lighter draw than a bong (which hit harder) a bubbler is perfect.

Make sure if you get a bubbler that it has a big carb on it!

Stale smoke is a *****, and a small carb on a bubbler will make it hard to clear the pipe (the pipe will continue to bubble after you release the carb)

I love bubblers though. Highly recommended. LOL :D

8. freemaryjane

freemaryjane New Member

i love bongs for the intence hit. i love to cash a whole bowl in one huge hit on some of my bongs. i love to coke and caugh and the rush it gives you. i aslo love bubblers, particular sherlock bubblers. to just kick back and relax and smoke. wacth tv-news whatever. i have one pipe but havnt used it yet and i got it bout 2 months ago. its pretty, but pipes arnt for me. id say bongs are bigger and hit harder and bubblers are smaller and and hit smooth. as for sliders or carbs ive seen them on bongs and bubblers. i wouldnt say that they have to be glass niethier imo. but if you want a bubbler go for it. youll enjoy. :D

and oh yhea thats right about the bigger carb, ive got them both ways and its better. but i really dont care considerin i favor my smaller carbed one. ;) it all be good.

9. Smoking Buddah

Smoking Buddah New Member

I only have tried a bong i like it cause it hits real smoth,and the huge hits,i lwould like to try a bubbler some day

10. urbanASSAULT

urbanASSAULT Banned

While both bongs and bubblers give great highs, I feel that the bong is what gives me more of an "intense" high, with more profound effects.

11. BlackBird

BlackBird New Member

I highly consider a Bong over a Bubbler, Me and my freind were smoking little buds out of bubblers and bongs and it took me at least three hits to clear the bubbler each time it took me BUT ONE hit to clear the bong, Which if my hypothesis is correct, I came to the conclusion that bong hits are more efficent than a bubbler hit

12. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

hahahahahahahaha

13. homemadebubbler

haha I thought it was funny too

14. SNOOPiiE

SNOOPiiE 420 LOUNGE RAPPER

Well I usually would use a glass bong. But I have used bubblers in occasions. I usually think of bubblers a miniture pipe that you have to add water too.. But I like bongs because of the feel I get when I take a toke out of one..

15. TiKiTiKi

TiKiTiKi Sr. Member

Where ever i go. There usually is a bong. And since us stoners like sessions that arnt 2 bowls. I do perfer a bong over a bubbler for a session any day. But when you cannot smoke at home, and when you do secretly, a bong is hard to hide. My bubbler can fit in my pocket. It is very awesome and chill to hang out watch tv and hit bub loads. I used to not be able to clear a whole bowl on a bubbler because of the small amount of glass from the water to my mouth. Sherlock bubblers are also my favorite. I dont get water in my mouth really at all. Maybe one or two times.

16. imported_bcbud420

imported_bcbud420 New Member

hey this is a bit off topic but its about bongs, im looking to get one, i havent ever bought one before but i have used them, whats better a slide or a carb? and i want to get about a foot tall bong so how much would i have to spend to get a decent one? i have looked around and seen cheap ones that would probly suck because they are only like $25 but i dont know since im broke i might just get that

17. imported_SBsurferdude

imported_SBsurferdude Surfing Fiend

just because they are cheap doesnt mean they suck. i saw a nice 1 ft. glass bong for $30 that im probably gonna get, and my friend use to have that exact one and it was fine. so go for the $25 one.

EDIT: :laugh: i didnt notice this one a 1 year old thread

18. homemadebubbler

Oh man, this was like my first ever post on the lounge. Looking back all my posts seemed really immature......