How To Clean A Grinder?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by gamereric22, Nov 30, 2011.

1. gamereric22

gamereric22 Active Member

Dose any one know the proper way to clean a grinder? I have a 4 piece grinder and the top is so sticky that it dosint turn smoothly any more and jams after a little . I have Purple Power glass cleaner, it recommends soaking for 45 min. for glass. so should i just use that or should i use something else?

Here is my grinder
    [​IMG]

2. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Tuppaware, epsom salt, alcohol..Take it aprat and shake the shit out of it, for a while..Clean as a whistle..

3. gamereric22

Can salt and alcohol rust my grinder mines metal.

4. new2twistinup

new2twistinup One with the Universe.

I have the same problem but with my scissors soo much kief on it ...

5. CouchPotato

CouchPotato Cotch Supreme

Before you start cleaning it, make sure you've got what you can out of it.

Close all the sections of the grinder and slam it down so all the loose crystals will move about and fall down the chambers. Then open it up and get a knife or something to go around all the edges. Then seal it back up and slam it again.

Then open up the part with the grill which catches the bud.
    Take a coin of choice, clean it WELL! In soap and everything to get rid of any grease. Then place this in the grinder (make sure it's dry!) , close it back up, and do circular motions with your grinder. This will move the coin around making any crystals fall down. Was pleasantly surprised with how many crystals I got out of mine with this technique.

100% of metal chambers that I know of are Aluminium, and won't rust. However, I wouldn't spin the grinder while the salts in there. Anodizing could scratch off, or maybe blunt the blades. Anyways, salt will work fine just have some common sense when cleaning.

2 people like this.
  6. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

A toothbrush can work wonders if it's not gunked up too badly. ;)

7. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

newcarcaviar - Good to see you online. How have your travels and adventures been?

8. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

Great to see you too, 1956! :wave:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I gave a bare-bones summary of the Canadian adventuring in the Canadian stoners thread.

9. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Metal and not anodized or aluminum..Umm as long as it's coated with something it shouldn't rust it..I use 90% alchohol..Which has the least amount of water in it.Besides using everclear..

10. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

90% Alcohol and a toothbrush.

11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Toothbrush and 91% isopropyl alcohol.

12. hogsbreath

hogsbreath New Member

no, this method is fail proof. i'd also throw in some white rice as well

13. gamereric22

I have added a picture of my grinder in the original post. I think my grinder might be made of aluminum, and i think in the top part is acrylic and glued to the aluminum? I'm not sure i am just guessing. So i can just use alcohol and salt right?