Seeking help with cooking pot brownies

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Elle26, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Elle26

Elle26 New Member

Hi guys!
    So, yesterday was my first attempt at making pot brownies w cannabutter but I think I must have done something wrong since I didn't feel anything AT ALL. I've eaten pot brownies and cookies in the past where I didn't feel anything on those occasions either, but I later on learned that they were made wrong - where the weed was just thrown in with the other ingredients. Since I didn't want to waste any product, I did a lot of research before attempting to bake the brownies and followed all the steps I learned were required and necessary.

This is what I did:
    1. First, I grinder up ~10grams of herb and laid it out evenly over baking paper on a pan in the oven for about 35-40 mins at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for the decarboxylation process to take place.
    2. While the herb cooled from the decarb process, I started to melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter in a double boiling pan..
    3. Once the butter melted, I turned the stovs down to simmer (number 2 on my oven) and added the decarbed herb and 1 cup of water.
    3. I stirred for a few minutes at first, then I stirred every 30-60 mins as the butter was left to simmer for about 4.5 hrs.
    4. Once I took the butter off of the stove, I strained the butter from the herb into a glass bowl, covered it w foil, and left it in the fridge for about 6 hrs.
    5. Once the butter was solid, I removed the nasty brownish water.
    6. I bought Pillsbury brownie mix and followed the baking instructions on the box.. In place of the oil, I used approximately one stick of canna butter
    7. Finally, I shoved the pan w the brownie mix in the oven and let it bake about 35 mins at 325 degrees.

The brownies came out a little soggy since I baked them at a lower temp - being afraid to burn off the THC, I didn't want to risk baking at a higher temperature.
    I ate about 2 medium sized brownies at first.. After noticing no effect for about 1.5 hrs, I ate 2 more - and still nothing :( I've eaten almost half of the pan with not a zilch.
    I was vaporizing the same kind of bud I made the butter w while waiting for the brownies to kick in.. Could that have had an influence? Or maybe I have built such a high tolerance? Even though ingesting is supposed to be a lot more intense. Could it be possible that some people are unable to experience the high when ingested? - might be a stupid assumption but I really don't know what I did wrong.
    I would really appreciate anyone's feedback whose had experience cooking w weed.. Thanks guys for taking the time to read this :) hope to hear back soon