What's the point of a dual chamber bong?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Birus, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Birus

Birus New Member

I have noticed many websites giving instructions on how to make a dual chamber bong and saying how smooth it hits but I seriously don't get the point of one. If you want smooth hits then why don't you just fill a chamber with ice cold water. What exactly is the point of filling a first one with hot water? Could someone please explain the purpose for 2 chambers or is it just a waste?

2. Proline63

Proline63 New Member

Dual filtration I guess. I can't think of a purpose for hot water either. If bongs filter out so much THC along with all the other chemicals, why add another chamber?

3. slothy

slothy New Member

Dual Chambers = More water smoke bubbling through = cooler the smoke is = the smoother the hit.

I too do not know the purpose of one hot water and one cold.

4. Nappe

Nappe New Member

5. floydcamel

floydcamel New Member

Wouldnt filling one chamber with twice as much water have the same effect?

6. Freakish

Freakish New Member

yeah but if you had two chambers you could fill both chambers with twice as much water and have 4x the effect...

i once made a dual chamber bong, cuz i made it outta really small bottles and they didnt hold much water on their own, so i added another chamber so i could get more water filtration...
    i dont know what the hot/cold water is for tho, i never tried it out

7. Barker

Barker Cunt.

8. beats

beats New Member

Hot water filters out more tar and stuff, cold water gives smoother hits :)

9. tokeaway

tokeaway New Member

if the smoke is cooler you can take larger hits , thus the reason for dual chamber, not mention it looks sweet.......

10. doonce

doonce New Member

this is the point

Dual chambered means two places for the smoke to get cooled/filtered obviously, but why some people fill one chamber with hot and one with cold is because cool water doesnt filter the smoke as much as hot water. So people will want to fill the first chamber with really hot water to get the smoke very filtered and then fill the top with cold to mainly cool it.

11. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline Well-Known Member

Coool. That is what beats from alberta said 3 years ago.:) With less and smaller words.:D

My, what big words you have.;) Just messin' wit ya.