By now you’ve probably heard about the benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) oil. As a refresher, CBD is an active compound in marijuana that provides relief from a variety of maladies such as insomnia, nausea, epileptic seizures, pain and anxiety. CBD has even been shown to help clear acne. You can apply CBD oil to your skin, drop it under your tongue, or blend it into your morning smoothie to find relief from your symptoms.
CBD is non-intoxicating, which means you won’t feel stoned after consuming it. When taken orally, CBD can provide a subtle sense of relaxation that can be felt throughout the body. The anti-anxiety properties make CBD an ideal ingredient for balancing the over-stimulating effects of caffeine –- like in coffee or a matcha latte.
This CBD Oat Milk Matcha Latte uses CBD as an ingredient with matcha with the aim of boosting of energy without the jitters. If you’re curious about how much CBD to take, Dr. Michelle Weiner, an osteopathic physician affiliated with the Spine and Wellness Centers of America in Florida, has deemed 25 milligrams a day a “healthy wellness dose” for most people. Though, it’s never a bad idea to start low and slow. 10 – 15 milligrams per dose is a good place to start if you’re new CBD.
CBD Oat Milk Matcha Latte
- 8 fl oz. (237 mL) oat milk
- 4 fl oz. (118 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) matcha
- ¼ teaspoon (1.23 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) coconut butter
- About 8 drops of 10mg –30mg CBD oil
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s only three main steps:
- Combine the water and oat milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. When you see steam and tiny bubbles around the edges of the liquid, remove from heat. You don’t want to boil it.
- Transfer the liquid to a blender and add the matcha, vanilla extract, coconut butter, and CBD oil. Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth and frothy.
- Pour your beverage into a mug and enjoy the uplifting, yet calming effects of your CBD Oat Milk Matcha Latte.